1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfering music to Sony HDx

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by dreamweaver, Aug 21, 2005.

1. dreamweaver

dreamweaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi ,

When I use Sonic Stage to update file information , does it raelly update the file's tags or it just update in its database ? Coz I don't want it to mess up with my tags :) . And how can I quickly delete the database (deleting inside SS is slow like hell) since I only import some folders/files into SS just to transfer to the player then delete the db . perhaps it stores db file somewhere ?

Is there a way to manage with multi-cd album ? eg. sub-folders in HD3

------------------------

I know a software called "Vaio Music Transfer "
    http://www.vaio-link.com/Vaiopocket/downloads/downloads.asp?l=en&f=VMTU

i could transfer music files/folders by dragging them into it , but i noticed this software change the "last modified" date to "today" which mean perhaps it changes something in the files . do you know what it changes ? does it affect the quality of original files ? is there anyway to prevent this software to write into files , it would help the transfer proccess much faster.

Or is there any other FASTER way to transfer music to Sony player (HD3/HD5) ?

Thanks a lot for reading :)

2. ak47wong

ak47wong
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It updates the file's tags.

Yes, check this thread.

Andrew