transfering contacts from sim to sim

pointyone

what is the best way

i have a veiwty on 3, and moving to a touch pro 2 on voda or t mobile

my contacts have multi numbers and email address

whats the bext options

as the phone im getting is windows mobile, it will sync easy enough with the pc, so what is the best format to try to store them in on the pc

thanks for any help

RobM

Distinguished Member
You could try using the LG PC Suite software. This should allow you to synchronise the PC and Phone, so you can have your contacts stored in Outlook ready for the new TP2 :)

pointyone

You could try using the LG PC Suite software. This should allow you to synchronise the PC and Phone, so you can have your contacts stored in Outlook ready for the new TP2 :)

having major problems with the lg pc suite, it will not allow me into contacts messages etc etc , and when i try o sync with out look if out look is running it will not sync, if its not running it will synce but no info is there

are there any other ways of getting my contact info from my sim

RobM

Distinguished Member
Try Zyb.com

It's a free Over-The-Air synchronisation service and it claims to support both the Viewty and the TP2 so you should be laughing. I use it as an online backup of my calendar and contacts just in case I lose my phone (or at least I did until I got the HTC Magic and now use Googlemail instead). Anyway... sign up on the website, stick in your phone details and phone number and it will send the settings to your phone. Follow the prompts and enter the pin when prompted and you can sync your contacts to Zyb.com

Then when you get the TP2, follow the same process and they will sync down to the TP2.

It's a free service, but it does transmit data via your network operator so you may get charged a few pence for data.

pointyone

thanks worked a treat

RobM

Distinguished Member
Awesome :thumbsup:

It's handy to keep active as a backup too. If your phone gets stolen you don't have to worry about losing all the contacts you've built up over the years. Just Sync every now and again and you're all backed up :)

pointyone

sorry it didnt work and all i keep getting now is connection failed

i have handed over my pac number and my new phone arrives tomorrow

any other way of doing this before my sim locks up and i loose all my contacts info

thanks for any help

pointyone

getting desperate now

cant backup using pc suite as i am on vista, tried all the work arounds on the net but none work

tried to sync them to ZYB but all i get is is snycro failed server not available

i have my new phone on the way and if they shut my sim off i will loose it all

please any more help anyone

Burry1

Standard Member
Whenever I've needed to transfer contacts from SIM to SIM, I just put the old one in the phone and transferred them to the phones internal memory. Then, put the new SIM in the phone and transfer them back from the phone memory to the new SIM. I've never had the old SIM lock up totally after it was deactivated. Obviously it can't make calls but I could still access the messages and contacts on it. I assume this is the case for all sims. Not sure of the process of doing the transfer on windows mobile (I have nokia phones) but I think this should work fine.
On another note (again this is a wild shot in the dark and may be totally wrong for your viewty), I can only sync contacts with outlook if they are stored in the phone memory and not on the sim. Thats why I now keep the contacts in the phone memory and sync to outlook for backup purposes.
Hope that helps a bit,
Burry1

pointyone

panic over

got the touch pro 2 today, its unlocked so put in my 3 sim copied over contacts to the phone then took the sim out, my number ports over tomorrow

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 Review, Apple Lossless & Dolby Atmos @ no cost, Sennheiser IE900 review + more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom