transfering between android phones...help please?

Miss S

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have had a sony Xperia Z5 compact phone running (7.1.1) and yesterday was persuaded to upgrade to the Huawei P20 Lite (8.1)….I was told it was the best, fastest, best tech inside, best camera...!!!

I completed backing up my Sony to both the Xperia Companion pc software and also backed it up to my Google Cloud, using the phones back up as well as to a micro sd card that is now in the Huawei!
So I set the Huawei phone up and everything from the sony has been transferred across apart from the one thing I really, really need (and was assured I could do) my text messages. I only have the new texts that have come in now the sim is in the Huawei.

I have tried using the Huawei HISuite on my pc, I have found where the sony backup is on my pc and have also used a memory card, but it won't recognise it to import it, I have spent ages trying to find a way, but I just can't seem to find anyway of moving the messages across. I have found how to guides on the internet on how to move them across from other makes, but just not Sony Xperia.
does anyone have any ideas please, it's a real big deal I have those text on my new phone, I would have to consider returning the phone if it cant happen! Maybe because I've always bought Sony phones and know how to do everything when I upgrade them, I'm just missing something with the Huawei??

This phone though is a miracle worker, its step counter is telling me I have done 568 steps in the last 2 hours....given I'm actually in a wheelchair, its a miracle!!! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom