Transfering a E30 DVD-RAM to DVD-R

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sanorman, Sep 13, 2002.

1. sanorman

sanorman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just recieved my Panasonic E30 and i would like to transfer a full DVD-ram to a DVD-R using my PC based DVD-RAM drive.

How do i do this?

Can I simply copy the files from the RAM disk to my hard drive and copy them back onto DVD-R?

2. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
  3. David Hwang

David Hwang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. wellsi

wellsi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Well Sanorman, like me, you'd like to think it would be that simple; but unfortunately it's not.
    I was in the same postition with the DMR-E20; trouble is, the file formats are different, and despite reading endless posts, I was never able to achieve anything like a reasonable and easy way to convert.

Until I bought a second RAM player for under the TV, and simply hooked it up to the DMR.
    No messing about; quick and easy transfer from RAM to dvd-r.
    Of course, the purists could argue you suffer picture degradation, but I've found this totally unnoticable when recording in SP (2hour mode)

There are some reasonable RAM players available, and these should get more and more widespread over the next few months. It's a pain to spend more money, but it has made such a difference to my recording now; as the partial erase functions are only available on RAMs, so it's great to chop out the adverts...

Here's a thread on DVD players that play RAM discs too.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46038&highlight=RAM+Player