transfer sky+ to sky hd?

anobium

Hi I have just upgraded to sky hd however I have a lot of movies ect on the old sky+ box is there a way to copy this stuff from the old box to the new sky hd box, the guy who installed it had no idea. Surely sky must of thought of this, can you not just use the usb socket?

FRANTIC FRANC

Novice Member
apart from the usb is there no way for me transfer the content onto the other BOX.
In theory you could buy 2 external IDE disk caddys, cut a slot in the back of the Sky+ box use a computer IDE cable (coz it's longer) and an extension disk power lead (as purchasable from PC shops) and then be able to just swap HDDs over easily (of course unplugging Sky box from mains before swapping caddy over)

Cheers, Franc

anobium

In theory you could buy 2 external IDE disk caddys, cut a slot in the back of the Sky+ box use a computer IDE cable (coz it's longer) and an extension disk power lead (as purchasable from PC shops) and then be able to just swap HDDs over easily (of course unplugging Sky box from mains before swapping caddy over)

Cheers, Franc

not worth it for a few films lol. Thanks anyway, so I could still hook the old box up and that would still let me play the old films??????

SamRadford

Novice Member
Not without getting Sky to "pair" your card with the old Digibox.