Transfer rumours and discussion - Summer 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think a manager can spend what Klopp is spending and last 4 years without a trophy, you've not been following Liverpool for the last 20 years, yet alone top flight football.

He will last, and it’s nothing to do with loyalty, some idea that we are a club that doesn’t change managers or anything like that. It’s for one very simple reason

We couldn’t get nor attract anyone better

Harry Wilson is off to Derby for the season.

Are you really saying the Fenway will be happy spending hundreds of millions without any trophy, not even you believe that surely.

Last season we did worse than the season before and if this season we don't win a trophy or at least finish runners up and get to a final I can't see them being happy.
I know he is I said Brewster, Klopp may keep him in the squad...of course everyone wants success but your making out he has to win or go this season, there are alot of good teams to compete against its hard. Me personally I wouldn't want him gone even if we went empty handed this season as he is taking us in the right direction and I can't think of anyone else out there that will fit our club at the present time

I know he is I said Brewster, Klopp may keep him in the squad...of course everyone wants success but your making out he has to win or go this season, there are alot of good teams to compete against its hard. Me personally I wouldn't want him gone even if we went empty handed this season as he is taking us in the right direction and I can't think of anyone else out there that will fit our club at the present time
So at what point will Fenway who look at Liverpool football club as a business decide enough is enough and stop giving him funds or get rid in your opinion.

How long will they give him to get a trophy or will they be happy to just finish top 4 once in a while and have a cup run or two.

We've sold well .........

It's a shame Courtois family isn't living in Liverpool, 35m euro is a steal for him.

Last edited:
Would anyone mind if I introduced net spend into the discussion?

Well as a LFC fan for me Klopp has to deliver a trophy, even King Kenny got us two 2 finals we won one with he money spent.

I don’t think Klopp would be fired so long as we show progression. If we mount a title challenge and ultimately fall short, that would be progression despite all reds wanting silverware. Only one team can win, and unfortunately for Liverpool and the others, city are ahead at this time. Liverpool have had to spend big to even stand still. Spending the cash well is more important than lashing out huge amounts and doing poorly (Everton). If Allison comes in and is better than what we’ve had, it’s money well spent. One thing is for sure, Karius isn’t over his CL trauma.

Wonder what Pickford's value is now if Allison is going for that kind of £

From Wikipedia, and seen from multiple other media sources and outlets.. Telegraph etc..

Bordeaux[edit]
On 31 January 2016, Bordeaux announced that Malcom signed with the club for an undisclosed fee.[3][4] With several influential displays he quickly became a fan favourite at the club.[5]

There is currently a rumour that Malcom has agreed a 5 year contract with Premier League club Everton, £80,000 a week.

Kid looks decent, replacement for Bolasie who looks to be heading for Turkey.

Had been linked to some of the top 6 clubs. Spurs mostly. Sounds like a decent prospect tho.

Starting to get a bit worried about the lack of action at United. Doesn't appear to be anything even remotely close to happening. Happy with Fred so far but going in to another season with Young and Valencia as full backs is a massive concern. And the general imbalance on the right is a concern.

Luke Shaw does look to be in significantly better shape than he has done for some time, maybe he's going to be given another chance at LB.

Didn't you sign a young lad from Porto who plays RB as well? His name escapes me.

Luke Shaw does look to be in significantly better shape than he has done for some time, maybe he's going to be given another chance at LB.

Didn't you sign a young lad from Porto who plays RB as well? His name escapes me.
Dalot is the new guy. He's not thought to be a first teamer this season though, more a long term successor to Valencia.

As for Shaw, he's done the whole thing of getting into extra good shape etc before and still didn't get a sniff. I'd love him to come good but I don't hold much hope.

Dalot.

Providing no one leaves, Utd are in a good place (on paper). Would like Perišić, but not happy for Utd to pay Liverpool type fees for a 29 year old.

Dalot.

Providing no one leaves, Utd are in a good place (on paper). Would like Perišić, but not willing to pay Liverpool type fees for a 29 year old.

Inter have been spending as well, so they may need to recoup a little their end so that could mean they may not be as greedy as first thought, suppose it depends how real the interest is.

Dalot is the new guy. He's not thought to be a first teamer this season though, more a long term successor to Valencia.

That's the guy, maybe rotated with Valencia or something then? Must admit I'd not seen a huge amount of links with your side and RB's just that continual link to Alex Sandro.

As for Shaw, he's done the whole thing of getting into extra good shape etc before and still didn't get a sniff. I'd love him to come good but I don't hold much hope.

I'm not sure how he looked compared to his current shape, I always thought he was carrying a little too much timber but he does look leaner this time around. Has he gone on tour with the squad? Guess that may be his chance to try and shine.

@TwoJs, @YNWA1892 - Rusty’s fishing, who’s going to bite first?

It's going to be a long 3 weeks until kick-off without a little fun.

But seriously, those who've been calling City and Utd out for the last 2 seasons are going to look a little silly if Klopp keeps spending like he is and Liverpool keep paying what they do, net spend or not.

My positions is, and has always been, that if you've got the money and if a player improves your team, he's worth the money. You have to pay what you've got to pay or you don't get the player. With the likes of Pogba that's found me in the minority on here but I can see that changing this summer :)

Italian reports a fee agreed with Roma....exciting stuff

How much was Dalot ?

@TwoJs What's amusing? We're light on home grown for the CL quota and given Villa are in trouble financially he can be picked up for what you could consider "cheap" for an English player, he's had a bit of a troubled past but that looks to be behind him. Poch met him in a couple of months back in Barca, one he's wanted so least he may get 1 off of his list and at the end of the day given the factors already mentioned. It's a necessary addition.

Also "cheap" isn't the £30m that's been picked out, figure I've seen was significantly lower than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom