Transfer rumours and discussion - Summer 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let the speculation and wishful thinking and all that jazz begin....

I’ll just throw an empty post in so that it shows in my participated threads!

I'll start with an actual rumour then. Lol...

Alex Sandro to United looks like it could happen.

Willian? Can't see Chelsea selling another player to United tho.

Hazard has warned Chelsea that his future depends on who Chelsea bring in. Makes sense. No point in staying without any real ambition to win the league.
Bar has been raised by City and we must spend freely again.
Utd are being linked with so many players at the moment

Hazard has warned Chelsea that his future depends on who Chelsea bring in. Makes sense. No point in staying without any real ambition to win the league.
That's a clear pointer to how fudgeing badly we've played at times this year. Gone from needing a couple of players to a major squad overhaul.

Alderweirald looks like it could be on the cards also.

I like who we are being linked to but realistically we'll probably end up playing Fellaini at full back

City will only sign 2 players. Both done early to avoid the late World Cup / holidays / transfer window closing early mad dash.

Jorginho from Napoli is one.

Bonucci to United or Bayern is doing the rounds. Oblak to Arsenal too.

City will only sign 2 players. Both done early to avoid the late World Cup / holidays / transfer window closing early mad dash.

Jorginho from Napoli is one.
Imagine the talk when they only sign two players but for a combined fee of £300mil

Oblak would be an amazing signing for anyone. But I can see there being much better sides in for him than Arsenal. If DDG left then that's who I would want as a replacement.

Incidentally it looks like Buffon will retire today so they may be in for a keeper as well

lol no way will Arsenal get Oblak especially not being in the CL
We won't either, heard we getting Butland lol

I'd like Liverpool to meet Oblak's release clause, great goalie but no doubt we will end up with one of the English goalies like Butland.

I'd like Liverpool to meet Oblak's release clause, great goalie but no doubt we will end up with one of the English goalies like Butland.
What’s his release clause?

Mahrez to City for around £50 million plus Patrick Roberts

Hazard to Real Madrid if they don't manage to get Neymar .... unless they try for BOTH !?!?

Imagine the talk when they only sign two players but for a combined fee of £300mil

Like Barca with Coutinho and Dembele ... neither have been starters either ..

Useful to have in the squad. There really isn't anyone available who'd significantly improve your starting 11.
Don't start with the bench warmers thing.

We didn't have one player who played every Premier League game and the injuries to Mendy, Kompany, Aguero (obviously!!) etc were well documented.

The one position I think is clearly a priority is the Fernandinho holding role, he's 33.

Sterling ?
I mean, I'm not convinced he's a target after we tried to get him in January.

Laporte was signed then rather than mess about this summer so I think we will sign a holding midfielder and another striker.

Like Barca with Coutinho and Dembele ... neither have been starters either ..
To be fair, Dembele had a huge injury as soon as he signed

To be fair, Dembele had a huge injury as soon as he signed

True enough but he's used him very sparingly since he's recovered .

Many Barca fans including me have had enough of Valverde and his 'safe and cautious ' style .

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom