Transfer news and rumours - Summer 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the deadline has come and gone and Coutinho is still a Liverpool player.... Will this be the end of it or will they come back with another bid??

My guess is they'll be back with one last take it or leave it offer. Then he'll go.

My guess is they'll be back with one last take it or leave it offer. Then he'll go.

McDonalds Happy Meal with a toy thrown in, as Klopp put it yesterday.

Talk of Spurs looking at Celtic's Kieran Tierney. As a Celtic fan I can only hope this isn't true as he is, imo, the biggest untapped talent in British football and I want him to stay for at least another season. His value would increase exponentially in the epl. Imo the best Scottish player in 25 years, the best at the club and considerably better than Moussa Dembelle. I'd hate to see him leave for anything less than £30m. I think he would probably establish himself as the best left back in Britain.

He can defend, tackle, has a good touch, can dribble, cross the ball, has a great shot and pace to burn. I'm astonished none of the big spenders have come in for him. This is the sort of thing he's capable of and entirely indicative of the ability he possesses:

Last edited:
Tierney looks a proper talent, hopefully he won't go to Spurs lol

Talk of Spurs looking at Celtic's Kieran Tierney. As a Celtic fan I can only hope this isn't true as he is, imo, the biggest untapped talent in British football and I want him to stay for at least another season. His value would increase exponentially in the epl. Imo the best Scottish player in 25 years, the best at the club and considerably better than Moussa Dembelle. I'd hate to see him leave for anything less than £30m. I think he would probably establish himself as the best left back in Britain.

He can defend, tackle, has a good touch, can dribble, cross the ball, has a great shot and pace to burn. I'm astonished none of the big spenders have come in for him. This is the sort of thing he's capable of and entirely indicative of the ability he possesses:

As a Spurs fan and someone who follows Celtic, I'd love to see him join.

Absolutely amazed he hasn't been linked with any clubs this window.

I'm a Hearts fan so seen him a few times, and this boys got the lot. A real talent. If Robertson to Liverpool is worth £10 million, he's worth double that at least.

Do Spurs need three left backs......?

Absolutely amazed he hasn't been linked with any clubs this window.

I'm a Hearts fan so seen him a few times, and this boys got the lot. A real talent. If Robertson to Liverpool is worth £10 million, he's worth double that at least.

If he was to move I'd prefer it to be to Spain where he'd have a better chance of developing the technical side of the game.

30M, try a world record fee, if Kyle Walker goes for 50M.

Can't say he's someone I've heard of us being linked with previously.

Graham Roberts said he had been informed we'd have 3 in this week including a player from the championship, not sure if that means the Fulham lad or not.

We'll just have to see.

Koeman has said we're looking for a "left-sided" defender, but I took it to mean someone to cover CB and LB if neered.

Balague again - Barca have 'given up' on Coutinho and will instead go for Dembele and di Maria.

Balague again - Barca have 'given up' on Coutinho and will instead go for Dembele and di Maria.
lol ballbag.... I think we all fully expect another bid that 7pm cut off time yesterday was a tactic that was never going to work, if it was true of course.
Hopefully he will still be here 1st September so be interesting to see what Coutinho comes out with in way of an apology and if he can perform, obviously his bad back would of mysteriously healed 100% by then [emoji16]
The way he and his agent had handled this TR is a disgrace especially a day before the season starts and signing a new deal only back in January, I think it's certainly more agent driven though.

Let's see what happens, but I'm not convinced they'll put an increased offer in. Surely they've got the message by now? It's not even as if there's any discussions or negotiations taking place between the clubs.

lol ballbag.... I think we all fully expect another bid that 7pm cut off time yesterday was a tactic that was never going to work, if it was true of course.
Hopefully he will still be here 1st September so be interesting to see what Coutinho comes out with in way of an apology and if he can perform, obviously his bad back would of mysteriously healed 100% by then [emoji16]
The way he and his agent had handled this TR is a disgrace especially a day before the season starts and signing a new deal only back in January, I think it's certainly more agent driven though.

Why would he issue an apology?

Why would he issue an apology?
Really ????....Maybe for being a complete rat, upsetting fans causing massive unrest within the club, obviously if he thinks that's all ok than he isn't much of a person is he.
Now I get he wants to join a bigger club but the way he went about it was all wrong, he could of done this back in May and gave us enough time to identify a replacement etc, apparently Klopp and the club had no ideal he wanted out this season and he was staying for another 12 months and was happy too, it then all changed 3-4 weeks ago and he turned into a right little rat...that deserves an apology but knowing these footballers it won't be done publicly

I'd say that would be down to carrying your side but he's not that consistent :laugh:

If he apologises it'll come via a management team most likely.

It would be hypocritical at best. Nothing's changed, he still wants to leave.

Really ????....Maybe for being a complete rat, upsetting fans causing massive unrest within the club, obviously if he thinks that's all ok than he isn't much of a person is he.

Yet you'd gladly pay £60m+ for that type of person from Southampton?

Now I get he wants to join a bigger club but the way he went about it was all wrong, he could of done this back in May and gave us enough time to identify a replacement etc, apparently Klopp and the club had no ideal he wanted out this season and he was staying for another 12 months and was happy too, it then all changed 3-4 weeks ago and he turned into a right little rat...that deserves an apology but knowing these footballers it won't be done publicly

Did Barcelona want him back in May?

Yet you'd gladly pay £60m+ for that type of person from Southampton?
The difference being Southampton knew he wanted out months ago and at least he had the decency too release a proper statement recently too....Coutinho just sent over an email over lunchtime 2 weeks ago (well his agent no doubt), had he informed us in may/June I expect the club would of accepted it and be prepared, this was just sprung on us to a certain extent

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom