Transfer news and rumours - Summer 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forgot that Klopp will quit if/when Coutinho leaves for Barca.

The cheek of Barca...£82m spread over 5 years and the rest in improbable add ons like him winning the balon d'or. To think they've just banked nearly £200m cash. Just go and do one.

Who knows, but our record of buying Ajax players has been pretty good so far.

Not bad at all really. The best one for me was bottom right.

[emoji460]️[emoji23]

Guess who?

IMG_1532.jpg

Sanchez the Janssen of a defender for spurs?
No OG'S , good thing as I take it is he is a defender ... never heard of that particular Sanchez .

How did Tammy not put that away.

So according to Paul Joyce, Barca have given Liverpool up until close of play today to accept their latest offer otherwise they will walk away.

An alternative rumour is that they will be back with an offer of £130 million.

So according to Paul Joyce, Barca have given Liverpool up until close of play today to accept their latest offer otherwise they will walk away.

Wouldnt it just be better if they offered you 100 million upfront, rather then 40 million in silly addons

Wouldnt it just be better if they offered you 100 million upfront, rather then 40 million in silly addons

Apparently the last offer was £80 odd million, paid over 5 years, with another £30 odd million in add ons.

Whichever way the Coutinho offer is packaged, it is way more than he is worth (even taking into account the Premier League tax).

Barcelonas deficiencies run deeper than any hole Coutinho can fill. Why they are so insistent on spending this sort of money on him literally baffles me.

Liverpool should bite their hand off if they are willing to pay anywhere near the figures being reported.

Barca need a playmaker who dictates midfield, dictates the tempo. Basically someone to take the reigns from Iniesta.

Real have Modric and Kroos who do that with ease. Coutinho isn't that player.

Erikson is the type of player who could fulfil that role.

Whichever way the Coutinho offer is packaged, it is way more than he is worth (even taking into account the Premier League tax).

Barcelonas deficiencies run deeper than any hole Coutinho can fill. Why they are so insistent on spending this sort of money on him literally baffles me.

Liverpool should bite their hand off if they are willing to pay anywhere near the figures being reported.

Barca need a playmaker who dictates midfield, dictates the tempo. Basically someone to take the reigns from Iniesta.

Real have Modric and Kroos who do that with ease. Coutinho isn't that player.

Erikson is the type of player who could fulfil that role.

Aren't most players these days going for more than what they are 'worth' (nonsense concept anyway, IMO).

And how would Liverpool fill a Coutinho-shaped hole in the space of a week?

Aren't most players these days going for more than what they are 'worth' (nonsense concept anyway, IMO).

By spending it all on Aubameyang and a defender, preferably not VVD.

Exactly, which is why they should take the money!

You've got to ask yourself also, if Liverpool don't relent and he stays, will a Coutinho who has had his head turned and doesn't want to be there be as effective a player for you this season?

FWIW, I don't agree with the players actions in handing in transfer requests to engineer a move, but that is the situation.

There are players out there, is just whether they have been identified.

the argument could be with Coutinho having his 'head turned' the same happened with Suarez and then he went and had his best season for Liverpool.

And that will all be done in a week?
Can't see why not other clubs are capable of buying and player and completing it in less time.

I can see the Coutinho saga going to the wire and we either buy Romeu/Oxlade or some other sub average player as a panic buy or keep the money till January.

Either way it's not looking great when we are resting players like Salah two games into the season... Also Sturridge is meant to be super fit according to Klopp yet he doesn't look interested to me with the pot shots 30yds out all the time.

Exactly, which is why they should take the money!

You've got to ask yourself also, if Liverpool don't relent and he stays, will a Coutinho who has had his head turned and doesn't want to be there be as effective a player for you this season?

FWIW, I don't agree with the players actions in handing in transfer requests to engineer a move, but that is the situation.

There are players out there, is just whether they have been identified.

Guess the trump card for LFC is the World Cup - how much trust can the Brazil manager place on Coutinho if he plays this season half baked for Liverpool? Clearly he'll go to the WC no matter what, but will he be one of Brazil's main men having not played well for a season?

I think it's imperative we keep him - he's one of the best players at the club, we're already short of attacking midfielders, and there's no guarantee we'll get the replacements in time.

According to Balague the deadline for LFC to accept the offer is 7pm today, which was a condition of the offer they made the other day.

"I think Liverpool have got no intention of answering that email from Barcelona, which in theory means that's the end of that, the end of the story of Coutinho moving to Barcelona. You never know in football of course, but Barcelona are true to their word and they will withdraw the offer at 7pm tonight.

"Liverpool have no intention of selling so Barcelona will have to look somewhere else for the reinforcements to bridge the gap of Real Madrid, who look so strong this season.

"They have known for a while that Liverpool do not want to negotiate; they have not sat down at the negotiating table all throughout the summer. Barcelona have had to start looking somewhere else and [Jean Michel] Seri of Nice is somebody they want to put their money on, and of course [Ousmane] Dembele. If they go for both of those, they won't have the money for anyone else anyway."

Last edited:
Samir Nasri departs for £10m to the Turkish league.

Had a good couple of seasons for us but drifted off and his fitness issues were a problem right from the off when Pep came. Also got the doping issues to contend with.

2 titles, 2 league cups, 1 FA cup.

Good luck to him.

Samir Nasri departs for £10m to the Turkish league.

Had a good couple of seasons for us but drifted off and his fitness issues were a problem right from the off when Pep came. Also got the doping issues to contend with.

2 titles, 2 league cups, 1 FA cup.

Good luck to him.

He was a decent little player, but not quite the next Zidane (according to the media when he first emerged in France).

So the deadline has come and gone and Coutinho is still a Liverpool player.... Will this be the end of it or will they come back with another bid??

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom