Transfer news and rumours - Summer 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theseus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pickford to Everton for £17m which is a good deal for both parties. Did LFC miss out?

With much transfer talk littered around everywhere thought worth getting this thread on the road.

Not really seen much of Pickford to be honest, he a decent option?

Supposed to be very highly rated, but I've not seen much of him myself either. Height would be one concern, but his shot-stopping & kicking are supposed to be excellent.

Pickford to Everton for £17m which is a good deal for both parties. Did LFC miss out?
Happy with Mignolet now it seems (Karius for the long term) he has improved this season since back in the team and looks a different keeper, let's hope he can keep it up

Supposed to be very highly rated, but I've not seen much of him myself either. Height would be one concern, but his shot-stopping & kicking are supposed to be excellent.
6ft 1, so not huge as modern day keepers go. Is a "line keeper" rather than one who dominates his box.

At the moment he's a good keeper in a poor team, not clear whether he has the concentration and decision making when playing behind a better defence.

6ft 1, so not huge as modern day keepers go. Is a "line keeper" rather than one who dominates his box.

At the moment he's a good keeper in a poor team, not clear whether he has the concentration and decision making when playing behind a better defence.

He's young for a keeper, so time to develop.
We have a 6ft 5 line keeper in Stekelenberg, who terrifies me, and a more aggresive Robles who loses his position entirely and comes too far off his line far too often, so I'd take Pickford as an improvement on the pair of them.
If £17m is true, it seems like a good price for us. Not so sure for Sunderland; I'd think they'd expect more.

He stands out in the Burnley team, and gave a reasonable show of himself for England, but Liverpool or Utd would be a big step up. A bit like when Gary Cahill first went to Chelsea, it took him a while to settle in, so probably the same for Michael.

I obviously hope we can keep him though, its not like we need the money [emoji1]

The Oxlade-Chamberlain to Liverpool one keeps coming up. Don't kno whether he's genuinely interested in joining Liverpool or whether he's using it as a bargaining tool for a new contract.

The Oxlade-Chamberlain to Liverpool one keeps coming up. Don't kno whether he's genuinely interested in joining Liverpool or whether he's using it as a bargaining tool for a new contract.
I know it's strange as now it's been rumoured £20 million, but surely no way Arsenal would sell to us given the Suarez stuff.
I actually think there is a quality player in him if given regular games and trained on abit

I like him, problem is he's always injured.

I can't wait until we sign Pogba from Juve. Every year it's been touted. Surely this year must be our year.

This might be the summer United sign Schneider, Strootman and Ronaldo.

I know it's strange as now it's been rumoured £20 million, but surely no way Arsenal would sell to us given the Suarez stuff.
I actually think there is a quality player in him if given regular games and trained on abit

£25m plus add ons is the rumour circulating amongst Arsenal fans. Good player, potentially great, but seems to be dogged by niggly little injuries just as he is enjoying a run in the team.

A few fans I know think Ox hits the gym too much/too often, and is carrying too much muscle mass. If you follow cricket, Chris Tremlett had similar issues - huge bloke (6ft 7in) and one winter he gained huge amounts of muscle mass ready for the next summer. He did bowl slightly quicker but was always picking up injuries until he reduced the muscle mass down to a more 'sensible' level (he was still an absolute unit though - see photo).

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 151
£25m plus add ons is the rumour circulating amongst Arsenal fans. Good player, potentially great, but seems to be dogged by niggly little injuries just as he is enjoying a run in the team.

A few fans I know think Ox hits the gym too much/too often, and is carrying too much muscle mass. If you follow cricket, Chris Tremlett had similar issues - huge bloke (6ft 7in) and one winter he gained huge amounts of muscle mass ready for the next summer. He did bowl slightly quicker but was always picking up injuries until he reduced the muscle mass down to a more 'sensible' level (he was still an absolute unit though - see photo).

Went off injured again yesterday. Wonder what the longest is he's ever gone without getting injured?

On balance I'd like to have him at Liverpool, but probably have to sign someone else as well just to cover for his injuries!

Just watching Pep's press conference and it seems a lot of activity planned over the summer.

Seven first team squad players are out of contract and not expected to be offered a new deal : Yaya, Zabaleta, Sagna, Clichy, Kolarov, Navas and Caballero. Also rumours that Delph and Fernando are on the way too with academy players expected to step up.

Busy times ahead for all.

Just watching Pep's press conference and it seems a lot of activity planned over the summer.

Seven first team squad players are out of contract and not expected to be offered a new deal : Yaya, Zabaleta, Sagna, Clichy, Kolarov, Navas and Caballero. Also rumours that Delph and Fernando are on the way too with academy players expected to step up.

Busy times ahead for all.
It will be interesting to see how Pep gets on with such a major overhaul. The fullbacks have to be a priority for your lot tho I think. Still a strong side even losing the players mentioned. I think you'll be the top spenders again this summer

Two full backs definitely the priority and a big weakness this season. Looking forward to a break from football and get out to the cricket !!!

Apparently we are interested in signing him back after letting him go for about £3m - another magical Pogbaesque bit of business. If we make an offer then he will come to us as he's a United fan from birth and his dad has been a season ticket holder for over 40 years. At £25m I'd take him over Smalling and Jones every day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom