1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer Mp3 files in ATRAC format to NW-HD3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by ratiopharm, Feb 10, 2005.

1. ratiopharm

ratiopharm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I still don´t get it :suicide:

How can I transfer my MP3s to my NW-HD3 and simultaniously convert them into ATRAC 132kbit with Sonicstage2.3 ?

I don´t want to convert them first and store on my harddisc.

I checked the options but there I can only choose between "standard mode" which converts files only if the original file is not MP3 or ATRAC or the "minimal mode" which will convert all files into ATRACplus 48kbit....

2. twcheang

twcheang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is an utility to convert mp3 to atrac3, it's called "MP3 Conversion Tool". Check this link:
    http://esupport.sony.com/perl/swu-l...te=EN&mdl=NWHD1

It can't. The converted files (ATRAC3) must be stored in HDD and then transfer to HD3.

3. sacd

sacd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I spent 3 days converting all my mp3's with the above tool.
    Then sonic stage would not let me transfer the atrac files onto my HD3.
    It recognises that the files are there but it will not transfer them. Only the original mp3 file will be transfered. Try it with one track and you will see what I mean.

4. twcheang

twcheang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an original cd of radiohead "hail to the Thief", it's a protected cd and can't be converted to ATRAC3 directly by SonicStage, so I ripped it into mp3 320kbps then used the mentioned tool to convert into ATRAC3plus 256kbps. I used the import function of SonicStage to select the desired folder (ATRAC3plus) and it transferred the songs with no problem.

5. shelteringsky

shelteringsky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i´ve just bought a nw-hd3 and before converting my mp3 and original cd´s to atrac3 or atrac3 plus I´d like to listen to your recomendations. I´d like to make balance between sound quality and space spent. Which is your recomendations for:

- original album
    - 128 kbps mp3
    - 256 kbps mp3
    - 320 kbps mp3

6. twcheang

twcheang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use atrac3plus 256kbps and 192-256kbps for mp3 files.