Transfer library on ipod to pc

A

angiesnell

I want to put contents of my ipod on my pc at work as mine at home is on blink. I have read on here somewhere that you can do this by using explorer, show hidden files, copy the lot import itunes on the second comp. Could anyone give me more detail as i am very green!!

J0hnEast0n

Yes you can do that, but you will need to have itunes installed on your computer at work so you can put your iPod in Disk Mode.
You can also download a program called iPodRip (search google) which will suck all the songs from your iPod and put the straight into your iTunes library, rather then explorer, hidden off, then searching through all the foders etc. Again, you need to have your iPod in disk mode for this to work.

John

A

angiesnell

I have itunes loaded on my work pc. if i use the explorer method do i just open explorer look for files, copy paste to itunes?

J0hnEast0n

The explorer method is a bit confusing. As i remember all the music is stored in about 50 different hidden folders, and the songs names are coded with 4 letters (Dont ask why, i have no idea). So you will have no idea which songs your copying untill you import them to itunes and listen to them. Your best bet is to get iPodRip, or something similar. It shows all the songs on your iPod in the same way iTunes does...all u got to do is tick the ones you want to import and press ok :)

John

Falp

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom