Transfer i tunes to Galaxy Tablet

chaz

Hi I have just brought a Samsung Tab 3 The question I wish to ask is as Follows. On my my P.C. i have i tunes with all my music and some books. Is there a easy way and i mean EASY can transfer some of my music and books to my Galaxy?. Please

mike7

Distinguished Member
Just physically link the two devices together. Open the relevant folders on each device and drag and drop the files into the tablet. Works for the music files on my PC to my Samsung tablet. Picture and video clips can be transferred that way as well. Use ES file explorer on the tablet to get around. Aldkio copes with most book formats, including pdfs.

chaz

Hi again need some more help again Please . I am very new to all this Android stuff So lets see if I have got this right I go to my i tunes open up then connect my tab via usb cable Then do transfer my i phone folder to my music folder on the Galaxy Tab?. Now on to books and films /video these do not to seem to show until up on the lists until i plug my phone into i tune so is this is what i have to do if i want my books and films to be transferred? Also this ES file explorer is this in the apps and what do i do with it And this Aldkio do I have to download this from google Play? Sorry asking these dam silly Q but like i said this is new to me . And the last Q i wish to ask if i wish to download one of my DVD to this android System If i remember from the old days there is a bit of software i could load down that transfers the dvd to the system that you wish to see it on but for the life of me I can not remember what it was

mike7

Distinguished Member
First of all Aldiko and ES3 File Explorer are free Apps available from the Google Play store. There are lots of similar programs, but these are what I use. You probably have Samsungs 'My Files' on the tablet already, which is similar to ES3 FE.

If you want a more straightforward approach as you seem a bit uncertain about moving files around then try the Samsung Kies approach. This is a free PC program designed to manage the file transfers to your tablet. Download Kies, connect the two devices and than drag your music, book and video files into that and they will transfer automatically onto the relevant places in the tablet.

Kies | Samsung UK

Kies has been a bit buggy in the past, but the current version seems to work OK. It will also upgrade your tablet to the latest OS when necessary. Transferring DVD files might be a bit more complicated, I've only handled straightforward MP4 files. There are various PC based programs to rip DVDs to MP4 files, but this is not something I do. You can encounter all sorts of copy protection problems so I avoid it.

The best way to find MP3 files, from ITunes etc, on your PC is to search on a song title and then 'open folder' containing the files. No need to mess around with the ITunes program. it only confuses the issue. It's a straight forward copy and move job. It's worth getting to know how to move files around on your Tablet. If you add a SD card then that is the best place to store music, photo and video data, leaving the internal memory for Apps etc. Your tablet will have come with Samsung versions of Apps to play music and video and display your photos. You could try any number of other, generally free, Apps from the Play Store which perform the same function. I also suggest you either download the manual, or you may find it pre-installed on the tablet.

chaz

Thanks for that What size can my tablet on the SD Card Also found this for my books what do you think?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 40

chaz

Is there a app that I can put the art work of my albums on

mike7

Distinguished Member
Calibre is useful for converting various book formats, including Kindle files. Generally I use Kindle on all my devices as books sync across them automatically.
There are a number of album art apps in the Play Store. Most are free so give them a try. My only experience of this is on a Sony phone which has a Sony exclusive App to do this. It works very well, even on old titles. I don't know what the maximum size SD card can be used with your tablet. Usually it is 32 b.

chaz

Thanks Mike for all your help and quick response. do i down load this kindle convener from the Google store ?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom