Transfer hi8 to mini dv

S

serrae19

Hi everyone. Please excuse my blatant ignorance of all of this, I could blame it on the fact that I'm a girl, but they may take away my feminist card! :laugh:

My boss wants me to find out how to tranfer hi8 to mini dv, but here is the catch....he no longer has the hi8 camera, just the tapes. I've tried researching companies to do this, but they all just seem to tranfer to dvd. Does anyone know how I can do this myself, or a company I can pay to do it for me? Thank you for your help in advance!!

I assume that as you want to transfer the tapes to DV that you already have a DV camcorder. If so what model is it as some can be connected to another camcorder to transfer from the old 8mm cam to the DV cam. If you DV cam can do this then all you need to do is beg/borrow/steal an old 8mm canmcorder from a friend etc.
If no friends with a cam you could always ask if there is anybody on here that would do the transfer for you that has got an old cam - obviously as long as there are not too many tapes to convert.
Also I'm not sure if you are aware that some of the Sony Digital8 cams can play old analogue 8mm tapes - might make it easier to find a cam to borrow.

Mark.

Thanks guys. You helped me out a lot. now I just have to explain it all to my boss, who I think may be more clueless about this than me, believe it or not!

MarkE19 said:
I assume that as you want to transfer the tapes to DV that you already have a DV camcorder. If so what model is it as some can be connected to another camcorder to transfer from the old 8mm cam to the DV cam. If you DV cam can do this then all you need to do is beg/borrow/steal an old 8mm canmcorder from a friend etc.
If no friends with a cam you could always ask if there is anybody on here that would do the transfer for you that has got an old cam - obviously as long as there are not too many tapes to convert.
Also I'm not sure if you are aware that some of the Sony Digital8 cams can play old analogue 8mm tapes - might make it easier to find a cam to borrow.

Mark.

Hi
I have had the same issue and also a girl who needs help!!

I have got a camcorder that will play the Hi8 tapes and a miniDV camcorder.
I want to copy the Hi8 tapes to the Mini DV tapes so I can then record them to my HD and then onto DVD

Do you know what i should be looking for on the camcorders to be able to ascertain if this is possible? in girly terms please, what hole should i be looking for and what goes in it???

thanks
Vicki :)

If anyone gets really stuck we can do Hi8 to DV for them. Send us a PM if you really can't find anyone else to do it for you.

vicki123 said:
Hi
I have had the same issue and also a girl who needs help!!

I have got a camcorder that will play the Hi8 tapes and a miniDV camcorder.
I want to copy the Hi8 tapes to the Mini DV tapes so I can then record them to my HD and then onto DVD

Do you know what i should be looking for on the camcorders to be able to ascertain if this is possible? in girly terms please, what hole should i be looking for and what goes in it???

thanks
Vicki :)
Tell us what the model of your DV camcorder is and we can check to see if it is possible to connect the analogue cam to it. We will then have a look at it and give further advice.
Its not just a matter of which hole to put the lead in, but if that hole will only output a signal or also accept it (this feature is called AV-in on a cam).

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom