Transfer from PC to Mac

BertieandGeorge

Standard Member
Reaction score
When I buy the new imac shortly, will I be able to transfer 'My documents' from my PC over to the imac via my external WD hard drive myself? 'My documents' consists largely of Word documents. some excel, music, jpeg family photos etc-in other words, usual family stuff.

The Apple store wants to charge me to do this.

Also, is it worth paying the extra for the three year warranty? I know that these additional warranties are often not worth the money-any views?

Thanks

BertieandGeorge

You will have zero problems in transferring your data from an external drive to your new iMac.

In 25 years of Mac ownership I've only had to call on my warranty once - for a defective mouse. If only we all had a crystal ball, eh? Seriously, though, a warranty gives complete peace of mind should something seriously go wrong.

its easy to transfer the stuff, you can connect the 2 and the mac has a wizard that can do it.

i have extra warranty on mine. after around a year my screen went and the mac wouldnt turn on. was taken to an apple reseller, sent away and back within a week all fixed with the invoice (obviously covered by the warranty) for £386.

paid for itself in 1 go.

AppleCare is vital - don't skimp!
But you can buy it up to 11 months later

Transferring your docs is as easy as can can be
Just drag'n'drop or copy'n'paste

Although I'm sure the apple store used to do this for free
( are you sure it wasn't a premium reseller that quoted you?)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom