Transfer from ipod to itunes?

dotty

Standard Member
I've had to reload windows (xp) on my computer. Unfortunately I hadn't backed up my music files - although they are still on my ipod. I've downloaded the latest version of itunes and found the hidden music folders, F01, F02 and F03 - these are now on my computers hard drive. But how do I get them into itunes? There doesn't seem to be an obvious way and I don't really want tp rip my Cds again plus I had some purchased songs from i-tunes which I'm now in danger of losing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dotty

Sanders79

Distinguished Member
Hello,

Have you tried telling iTunes which folder to use for the library? Failing that, you can manually add files/folders to the library, so it doesn't matter so much where you have saved them on your PC.

I think it's in edit (or file - not at my iTunes PC now)/preferences/advanced - this will show you where iTunes is looking for music and you can tell it to look elsewhere, useful if you have your music saved on an external hard drive/NAS etc...

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom