Transfer from AV700TV to PC

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by Seansdad, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Seansdad

Seansdad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help with this.

I have recorded a progam on my Sky + box and have succesfully transferred it to my Archos AV700TV. I now want to transfer it to my PC. It is an AVI file and when I try to copy it to my hard disk via USB, I get a dialogue box on the PC saying "Insufficient memory to complete operation". It is a 1gb file but I wouldn't have thought that is the problem. I am trying to transfer using drag and drop rather than a separate piece of software. As a byproduct of this, I think, Internet explorer will not run until I disconnect the Archos from the Pc and reboot. I have googled on this and there are some hints that copying avi files does crash explorer but nothing definitive. Even if it did, would this be the reason for the failure to copy?

thanks in advance

2. FrankS

FrankS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Have you got your AV700 setup as a windows media device or an external hard drive. I have an AV500 set up as an external hard drive and can easily drag and drop media files.

3. Seansdad

Seansdad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks - it was the set up of the Archos as a WMP that did it;changed it to hard drive and it copied like a dream - now just need to find the right codec to view the damn thing!!!