Transfer existing gamer point to new Live account?

johnny-17

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Since getting my 360 last Xmas I've now collected a few gamer points. I've now joined XboxLive, but under a new name as my current one was already taken.I thought that I'd be able to transfer my points across to my new name easily but It doesn't seem possible and I'm having to start with a completely new score when I'm online. Any ideas on how I can transfer my existing points to my new profile ?

It's not possible i'm afraid.

You need to make sure that you go online with the profile you want to keep the points on - it will let you change the profile name, you don't have to create a new one.

Can this scenario be rectified?

My friend has had his 360 for a couple of years and amassed a few thousand gamerpoints.

Finally, I managed to persuade him to sign up for Live but the name he used for his normal profile was taken so we did another account.

Now, he would like to delete the new live account and rename his old one to the same name then sign up for Live again.

Is that possible?

Thanks.

Firstly, you cannot transfer Gamerpoints from one Gamertag to another.

Before my friend got a 360 he had an offline profile on my console and after a period of time and having accumulated Gamerpoints we turned it into a Live profile ready for when he got his own 360. The offline name he was using was taken so he had to create a new one for Live and when it was all done all his offline Achievements and Gamerpoints became associated to his new Live profile name.

Can this scenario be rectified?

My friend has had his 360 for a couple of years and amassed a few thousand gamerpoints.

Finally, I managed to persuade him to sign up for Live but the name he used for his normal profile was taken so we did another account.

Now, he would like to delete the new live account and rename his old one to the same name then sign up for Live again.
You cannot do this because like his offline name it will say the Gamertag is already in use, which it is since he has already created a Live profile using this new name.

The only way to change names and retain Gamerpoints is to convert an offline profile into a Live one, like my friend, and then you would have to use the Change Gamertag option, which costs 800 MS Points, if you're not happy with your Live name. You cannot rename Live profiles any other way.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom