1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfeering tracks from mini disc to Sony NW-HD3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by billypilgrim, Jul 6, 2005.

1. billypilgrim

billypilgrim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All.

First post here, and a bit of a query.

I've just ordered a Sony NW-HD3 - and very much looking forward to it arriving next week. :)

I've got loads of great music stored mini disc and Hi-MD - so sony were the obvious choice above an ipod...but....will I have any problems transferring my mini disc tracks (in atrac) onto the computer and then onto the NW-HD3. Will sonic stage cause any problems, and if so, how do I get around them????

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,377
    Atrac? No problems - I presume you know HD1/3/5 supports Atrac so why did you think there'd be a problem?

minidisc? the old kind with analog record? might have to convert?

3. billypilgrim

billypilgrim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Worried, because I am slightly confused by the blocks sony put in their software to stop people from transferring their (own :mad: ) music between devices they own. For example, on hi-md, you can only upload stuff recorded to the disc "live", or that had been originally transferred from the same computer to the disc, other stuff will get rejected.

Are there any similar blocks with the hard disc walkman? I.e 1, will I be able to transfer tracks from mini disc to my computer, and then from my computer to the NW-HD3?

4. Fencer02

Fencer02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You cant do it the abortion which is sonic stage invokes the divine copy protection and says nope this didnt orriginate on theis computer there fore I will not transfer it. there is one way its labourious and a pain it does however work

5. billypilgrim

billypilgrim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Painful as it might be, if you could point me in the direction of how to do it I would be grateful. Thanks.

(it's not this business of nero and simple burner is it???)

6. billypilgrim

billypilgrim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been experimenting at home...getting increasingly frustrated with sonicstage.

I've upgraded sonicstage to 3.1 - but now when I check in a track from my existing hi-md player to the computer, it transfers, but, and without warning, also seems to delete the songs at the same time!!! I don't understand why this is, and shouldnt' sony have some kind of ethical stance where they warn you that YOUR music will be deleted by THEIR software if you continue???

7. HD3

HD3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

YES>>> I seem to have that problem as well. If i make any attemp to copy music from the player to PC. I don't get any music on my computer and well, i end up with less music on my HD3 :mad:

8. Fencer02

Fencer02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes sorry Its a program called win nd it controls the network MD Player via the interface and outputs the sound via the Line out , you plug into your sound card and it re encodes the tracks as MP3 . As I said its very painful, and it costs 7 euro .......but it does stick its fingers up to the copy protection. I have the web address at home i'll post it tonight.