1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transcoding to HDMI on ARCAM

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by mutley, Aug 22, 2005.

Tags:
  1. mutley

mutley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

Anyone know if Arcam will support transcodig from analog (composite / Svideo / Component) to HDMI on the AVP700?

I think it's an awsome feature that let's you run only one cable to your display. Pioneer and Denon are introducing this in their new Receivers. Does Arcam have plans to do something similar?

Thanks,

2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe that it only does video switching, i.e. no video up-conversion or audio processing (which I find disappointing). Please correct me, anyone, if I'm mistaken.

Also, does anyone know if the video up-conversion or audio processing is something that can be included in a future firmware update? Or is the hardware locked.

Thanks!

3. mutley

mutley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I know it doesn't. I was asking if they were thinking it could be released in a future firmware... Or in a new product (less believable cause Arcam just don't lauch product after product).

4. jakeman

jakeman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It would require a hardware upgrade as well as new firmware so don't expect it in the current crop of products.