Transcode 360 and media streaming...

Waynej

Distinguished Member
I have been holding off building a new system for a while now, I figure I mays well go for the new Vista OS instead of XP MCE 2005.

I would like to be able to stream xvid/divx files to the living room Xbox 360 using Transcode 360 on a Vista machine.

I want to know if Vista and Transcode 360 works with the Xbox 360 yet?

Can't be bothered waiting much longer, I maybe tempted to just go for XP MCE 2005, just fancied the new look Vista on a new machine.

danvitale

Novice Member
If you go to Runtime360.com theres a beta (perfectly stable) of Transcode 360 that works with Vista. Im running it and havent had any issues.

gers1978

Yep, I'll 2nd that - I have Vista Home Premium and the Vista beta of Transcode360, and it works fine. Video can be a bit jumpy if it's encoded from HD, but that a limitation of my wireless network rather than a fault with the program.

I'd advise you to the Vista route, I love Vista, especially Media Center in it - much improved over the XP MC (and I loved that too)

Paulleahey

I was using Transcode 360 for streaming XviD tv episodes from PC to 360.

Am now using HDTVPump to play the .ts versions directly through Media Centre Extender instead.

Much better quality although bigger downloads (5.5GB compared to 720mb!)

I wouldn't go back to Transcode now!

Cow Puncher

Can anyone tell me if there are and 64bit versions of any streaming programs for Vista? I've had a look on the transcode site but couldn't find anything.

Smaz?

Waynej

Distinguished Member
Cheers for info, I'll be sure to check em out. Glad I know there is a working way to view these files via the 360 using Vista MC... so happy.
:thumbsup:

kalel795

Can anyone tell me if there are and 64bit versions of any streaming programs for Vista? I've had a look on the transcode site but couldn't find anything.

Smaz?

there is an update for the 64bit vista transcode,

www.transcode360.co.uk

the program has been taken over by a new designer so it has moved addresses too.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom