Tranferring DVD+RW to DVD-R

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by zAndy1, Jan 20, 2004.

1. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,427
    Hi all,
    What would be involved in transferring something recorded to a DVD+RW with a Philips DVDR75 onto a DVD-R disc on a Pioneer 106 DVD writer? Would I need any software in particular to do this, any help much appreciated! I'm thinking this might be the best way to go, record stuff from Sky+ onto DVD+RW and then put the DVD+RW disc into my Pioneer 106 on my PC and transfer it to DVD-R leaving the DVD+RW disc available for reuse.

Cheers,
    Andy.

2. BigRD

BigRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    You could use software like Nero 6, CloneDVD, RecordNowMax or Sonic MyDVD to create an ISO image of the +RW disc onto your PC Hard Disc. Then burn the ISO image back to -R......simple.:D You could also record on your Philips DVDR75 using +R write once discs. If you had a DVD-ROM drive as well as your Pio 106 you could also do a disc to disc copy.

3. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,427
    I do have a DVD-ROM drive, a Pioneer 121, oh and my writer is a Pioneer 105 not a 106 , presume that won't make any difference though..
    Thanks for the reply

Cheers
    Andy

4. ancientgeek

ancientgeek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've only copied a few. I started copying direct from DVDROM drive to Pio 106, but spoilt a couple of disks when there were read errors on one recording. Also, needed "buffer underrun prevention" enabled. So I think I might go via hard disk in future. But I haven't got a program that will copy that bad disk patch yet. (It plays OK on players).

And I'm using a Mac.

5. realitybites

realitybites
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the dreaded Philips 880 and used to record onto a dvdrw disc the use Stomp recordNow Max to transfer the VIDEO_TS file in data mode (version 4.5 automatically recognises the mode as dvd format). Had problems with fast forward at speed, ie would freeze or just stop. Also you would always copy across 4.3gb after deleting ads etc from footage. I think it records the hidden data even if it doesn't show it. Will probably get a dvd-ram compatible recorder as I am hoping you will just copy the footage you actually want.