1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trandserring Videos To Dvd

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rogerm2052, Jan 19, 2005.

1. rogerm2052

rogerm2052

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello out there.
    2 problems:
    1. I have just bought a Pioneer DVR 720h after our 3rd VCR broke in 9 months, and borrowed a neighbour's VCR with the main aim of copying my kids videos to DVD. Frustratingly even some ancient Disneys are copyright protected so won't let me do it. Does anyone know if there is a legal way of getting round this bearing in mind the copies would only be used in our home for our own use?

2. when I record from my freeview box to DVR or Video the picure is stretched vertically to fit even though settings on all machines are to 16:9. When watching freeview direct on my JVC LCD widescreen tv I have a perfectly proportioned picture. Any ideas?

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    1) no legal option but there are options (now craked down on suggest you go for a google)
    2)How are they connected?

3. rogerm2052

rogerm2052

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    scarts from freeview to tv and dvr to tv and between dvr and freeview box.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    try going FV>DVDR>TV (use FV TV scart to DVDR and set to RGB (both boxes) should give better quality and WS recording