Trainspotting (DE)

Reaction score
I tried to post in an older Trainspotting DE thread but it was too old and wouldn't let me post (before anybody moans and tells me to use the search function lol)

Can anybody tell me if the transfer for this release is better than the UK version? and would there be a noticeable difference in either picture or sound. Are there any judder issues etc?

I have the UK Blu, and the film itself is the saving grace, the picture is acceptable but the judder isn't.

Cheers.

Bump for the afternoon crew, anybody able to shed any more light?

Bump for the afternoon crew, anybody able to shed any more light?

I have the Japanese bluray and have seen the UK disc too. The Japanese one is better but is still not great. It doesn't seem to suffer from the same "judder" as the UK disc does but still it does have some issues.

I think TRAINSPOTTING is one of those films that will always look a bit "rough" due to it's low budget and style.

I have the Japanese bluray and have seen the UK disc too. The Japanese one is better but is still not great. It doesn't seem to suffer from the same "judder" as the UK disc does but still it does have some issues.

I think TRAINSPOTTING is one of those films that will always look a bit "rough" due to it's low budget and style.

I read up info on the Japanese version and it sounded slightly better, and seems to have True HD sound as an option, however the German release was earlier this year so I was hoping maybe it had been cleaned up a bit more over that 2 year period. I think I might just buy it, and then I can report back if it's any better etc, if anybody cares that is ha.

And yeah I agree it should look rough which is fine, but if Germany got a better release than the UK, of a British film, then there is something wrong.

I could moan and tell you you can tick a box to continue old threads.

I received the german steelbook of this today, and I'm watching it right now. I don't see any judder, or any problems with the picture at all. It's not exactly a looker of a film, but everything looks a good as I'd expect from a budget flick like this.

I've never seen the UK blu ray to compare, but this looks fine.

I could moan and tell you you can tick a box to continue old threads.

Right you are, when I was posting my reply it came up that I couldn't because it was 139 days old, but having just gone back I realise I hadn't scrolled down enough to see the tick box on the previous page :facepalm:

Thanks to everybody for their replies, much appreciated.

I received the german steelbook of this today, and I'm watching it right now. I don't see any judder, or any problems with the picture at all. It's not exactly a looker of a film, but everything looks a good as I'd expect from a budget flick like this.

I've never seen the UK blu ray to compare, but this looks fine.

:smashin:

How would you say it compares to this:

Trainspotting Blu-ray - Ewan MacGregor Danny Boyle

Psycho666 :devil:

He also mentions that some scenes are "slightly jerky" in his actual review of the disc. Maybe the judder problems are present on the German version too?

The transfer is clean, but they do some slightly jerking in certain scenes, not much just few which still in acceptable level as this is considere a budget film during filming on year 1996.
Trainspotting Blu-ray (Germany)

He also mentions that some scenes are "slightly jerky" in his actual review of the disc. Maybe the judder problems are present on the German version too?

Trainspotting Blu-ray (Germany)

Just read the review,seem like it still got the judder problems :(,cant see why the it should have judder problem because of the age of the film,maybe a wait to see if they can solve this problem :)

Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Mine's on its way from Movietyme.

Mine's on its way from Movietyme.

Judging by the comments about the pulp fiction/jackie brown caps on dvdbeaver maybe I should ignore the caps he's put up for this?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom