1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Training aides for Vegas 5

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by thebrummy_one, Aug 9, 2005.

1. thebrummy_one

thebrummy_one

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Chaps,
    Having brought Vegas 5 earlier this year, I am getting frustrated because I know how great a program it is but how inadequate I am at using it :( I've found that this has actually had the effect of me not bothering to try and do stuff.
    I brought a very in depth and very thick book written by DSE but I'm not much of a reader. I respond better to visual teaching. I went of the VASST web site to see if there are any videos or DVDs that could help. Trouble is, coz it's an American site, they are all in NTSC. Great for our brothers across the pond, but no real help for me. I have got a DVD player that reports to playing NTSC but I have read on different forums that the quality of these claims are equal to shooting a ship in a storm at max digital zoom whilst riding a galloping horse, on a windy day, and having the DTs after an all day session the day before. :oops:
    Anybody know of PAL versions available?

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Well the chances are that any DVD player you have will play an NTSC DVD with no problems. Over the years I've had around 6 different players, and about 4 DVD-Rom drives in PC's and they have all played NTSC discs without problem.
    The only problem might be if the disc is encoded with region coding, as it will likely be region 1, and we are region 2. However most DVD players these days can be made region free/multiregion via the remote, and software can get around the region code of a DVD drive in a PC.

Good luck with the searching.

Mark.

3. thebrummy_one

thebrummy_one

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks Mark,
    My DVD is definetly Region 2 only and AFAIK there aren't any region hacks available for the model I have. I am Uncomfortable about spending £20-£30 on a disc that may not play well.
    Hopefully something will come along.