Train Sim World, Train Simulator 17?

Just bought the founders edition. Will hopefully get to give it a go later.

Had quick go, ran through the tutorials, seems pretty good, did notice the draw in on the sleepers on the track was quite close, apart from that it looked decent.

Are there plans for the train and route expansions to come to console at some point?

I thought you already had it on the XB.
No mate, I gave it a wide birth after your initial impressions. I was waiting for it on PS4 for streaming purposes.

Had quick go, ran through the tutorials, seems pretty good, did notice the draw in on the sleepers on the track was quite close, apart from that it looked decent.

Are there plans for the train and route expansions to come to console at some point?
I think the update may solve that pop in issue mate, but lets see.

Yes the console versions will be getting lots of expansions which are currently available on the PC edition of the game which includes new trains, carriages and routes. In fact the only expansion they said won't be coming to consoles is the CSX Heavy Haul one because it's resource heavy and the consoles won't run it.

Well that’d be right!

Four days after I’ve bought the Founder edition, they’ve knocked a fiver off the price :laugh:

Played some more now and started doing a few scenarios.

Enjoying, will got for the top version, I think when the upgrade becomes available.

Is there a manual available anywhere? I’ve run through the tutorials, but there are still a load of buttons available that aren’t mentioned in the tutorials and I’d like to know what all the stuff on the HUD means.

Not sure how the ratings on the scenarios work. The first one I did I arrived on time at one station but that along with all but one of the others had a red X, one I arrived 3 minutes later and got a green tick.

Having just driven one of the slower trains in the first scenario, it came as quite the surprise just how long it takes to bring the HST to a stop from 125mph. Overshot the station by about half a mile and failed :laugh:

Am I being really stupid or has it been removed from the store at the moment? I was going to take advantage of the current sale.

Played some more now and started doing a few scenarios.

Enjoying, will got for the top version, I think when the upgrade becomes available.

Is there a manual available anywhere? I’ve run through the tutorials, but there are still a load of buttons available that aren’t mentioned in the tutorials and I’d like to know what all the stuff on the HUD means.

Not sure how the ratings on the scenarios work. The first one I did I arrived on time at one station but that along with all but one of the others had a red X, one I arrived 3 minutes later and got a green tick.

Having just driven one of the slower trains in the first scenario, it came as quite the surprise just how long it takes to bring the HST to a stop from 125mph. Overshot the station by about half a mile and failed :laugh:
Have a nosey here for the manual.

If Anyone Is Looking For Manuals, The Guide And Timetable, Look No Further...

looks like this game is not available on the xbox store now :( i seen it saturday night at £19.99 but its now saying train sim world is not currently available :(

Probably the Founders Edition taken down as the two other versions, whatever they're called should be released tomorrow.

think i`ll pass on the new ones tomorrow if they are priced like the disc copy @ £39.99 :D

Pretty sure they'll be similar, I paid £24.99 for the Founder and i think there's a £10 and £15 upgraded available to the other versions from tomorrow.

Just tried to start the game to remember the controls and it has a 5.89GB update, guessing that's the new content for tomorrow's release.

EDIT: Just received an email from TSW saying the Founders Edition has been removed from the Store as of today.

Last edited:
After installing the 5.89GB update the option to upgrade the game is now available. I have paid £13.59 for the Digital Deluxe upgrade from the Founders Edition.

I am not sure if it will allow me to play the new content until tomorrow but I will report back once the items have downloaded and installed.

The Rapid Transit content is 4.60GB and the Northeast Corridor content is 3.75GB. The CSX GP40.2 engine is 200MB.

EDIT: The new content is working I am currently playing on the new Rapid Transit content.

EDIT 2: It looks like you can only play the first tutorial on each of the new tracks.

Last edited:
Had a quick run through the two new tutorials for the new trains, they seem a bit more complicated than the others.

Still disappointed with some of the graphics, was hoping the 5gb patch might have fixed them a bit.

Still getting stuff like a chain link fence running alongside the track looking like it’s solid gray and gradually transitioning to an actual chain link looking as you approach each bit of it.

Was expecting better, especially on the X.

Still decent though if you can overlook stuff like that.

Anyone manage to work the external cameras?

I can go to each one, but none of the camera controls listed in the controller settings actually seem to do anything, even when selecting free camera, which I assumed you’d be able to move around how you wanted.

Anyone manage to work the external cameras?

I can go to each one, but none of the camera controls listed in the controller settings actually seem to do anything, even when selecting free camera, which I assumed you’d be able to move around how you wanted.
They seem fine now and are all working for me. The graphics are bad in general outside of the cab.

I’ll give it another go later, but no matter what I did, the camera wouldn’t move. The buttons that did do something were just doing the train controls as if I was back in the cab.

I’ll give it another go later, but no matter what I did, the camera wouldn’t move. The buttons that did do something were just doing the train controls as if I was back in the cab.
Once you select the camera angle you want press the Y button once to unlock the free movement action. You will see some text show up on the right hand side saying either Driver Mode (Camera Locked) or Camera Mode (Camera Unlocked).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom