Trailing Edge Dimmer Switch?

ChrisGTL

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good or bad experiences of trailing edge dimmer switches?

I bought myself some Tala bulbs and looking at the Tala website they recommend various dimmer switches including the Varilight V-Pro which I bought. It has been useless since day 1 so I asked for a replacement and that is also useless but in a different way.

I'm done with Varilight products now. I'm going to return both as not fit for purpose. The first one won't go into programming mode on the 2nd switch and the replacement I ordered keeps resetting itself back to default brightness/dim.

Any recommendations? Need to be white and I want them to have dual controls.

Last edited:
I found the opposite. Fitted quite a few Varilight dimmers with no issues, in fact I would say Varilight are one of the go to products with troublesome LED lamps. Did you speak to their technical, also quite helpful.

You may find your lamps might be the cause of your problem.

Another good make is Zano Controls.

I've fitted loads of Varilight dimmers, as above they are the go to brand for me.

Again as above, Zano also good but I've only used them for grid switch replacements.

Well interesting.....

So after doing more research into dimmer switches it does appear the Varlight products are a good choice. I went to Screwfix and bought another Varlight V-Pro, fitted this morning. It feels very different to the two I bought from Amazon. The click when turning on/off is much much quieter and smoother than the Amazon ones. Also, when turning the dimmer the Screwfix one also feels tighter than the Amazon ones. More importantly the Screwfix one is working like a charm.

Sending both the Amazon ones back as I am now thinking they are some cheap knock off. Even the packaging was different.

Cheers all for the replies.

Well interesting.....

So after doing more research into dimmer switches it does appear the Varlight products are a good choice. I went to Screwfix and bought another Varlight V-Pro, fitted this morning. It feels very different to the two I bought from Amazon. The click when turning on/off is much much quieter and smoother than the Amazon ones. Also, when turning the dimmer the Screwfix one also feels tighter than the Amazon ones. More importantly the Screwfix one is working like a charm.

Sending both the Amazon ones back as I am now thinking they are some cheap knock off. Even the packaging was different.

Cheers all for the replies.

That's interesting, glad you got it sorted though.

Wouldn't surprise me if you did get some cheap copy...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom