1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traffik - interesting film!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, Feb 8, 2001.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

I've just been to see "Traffik" at the cinema, which is Steven Soderbergh's latest movie. (He of "Sex, Lies & Videotape" and "Erin Brockovich" fame!) It's certainly an interesting movie, and worth seeing, albeit very complex.

I know the DVD is due out very soon, and it will be interesting to see how the transfer goes over to DVD, because half of the movie (all the Tijuana sequences) were filmed in a strange, yellow-tinted format with grainy imagery, as if to make it more documentary like. As far as I can tell, the film and DVD should be in 1.85:1 ratio, but can anyone elaborate any more?

Does anyone have any other info on the DVD release however, as this movie is one that I'd like to see again, but with the ability to pause it and take a breather, every now and again?

Pooch

2. bradavon

bradavon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Brad,

Appreciate the help, but the link offers almost no useful info, except the release date. However, I appreciate your detective work.

Guess I'll just have to keep on waiting.

Pooch