Traffic Management with Virgin Media

Discussion in 'ISPs & The Internet' started by Ky0, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Ky0

Ky0
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if this has been discussed before as i am new to the forums

Think it a absolute disgrace how your capped if your with virgin media cable broadband. Formally known as Blueyonder.

First off just wanted to point out that i totally support acceptable usage policy and there are those that slow the network down with unbelievable downloads etc

However to my amazement i found out that because i am on a 4Mb broadband connection if my traffic bandwidth exceeds 800Mb limit between the hours of (4pm - 9Pm) then my connection gets capped to .5M pipe. Yes that 512k connection for the next 5 hours

What they don't tell you is that includes your data transferred upstream. ie if your uploading is well so the 800Mb is your total alloted size allowed for both upstream and downsteam together :(

absolutely unbelieable. A few hours on voice over ip and your almost there :(

2. Ky0

Ky0
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great just been on their pc hotline and they can't even tell me why my service is slow when they confirmed that it not traffic management.

The guy got me to go through the normal drills with the modem and after 20mins he basically said he didn't know

Between the traffic management and shocking connection it almost unusable service. :confused: