1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traffic - Criterion Edition

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by billduff, Jun 13, 2002.

1. billduff

billduff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DVD-Times has a news story saying that the Canadian Version of Criterions Traffic does not have a full Criterion cover

I have ordered this from Play247 and will pick it up from the postman tomorrow, does anyone know if Play are shipping the US or Canadian version.

I have quite a few Criterion discs and it would be nice for them all to fit in the set.

2. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The american version is more money. so I would expect you'd get the canadian version. as did I from movietyme.

I'm not bothered about a number appearing on the spine. its the film in dts etc I want

3. sweetmate

sweetmate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    I got the canadian version from Play.

Its actually more annoying than you would expect as the spine sticks out compared to the other criterions in your collection.

I doubt that play will take the covers back and send them in for proper ones! (Anyone got a Canadian address we can use to get our replacements?!!)

4. billduff

billduff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got this from DVD-Times. Looks like they will only ship to Canadian addresses. Anyone got any relatives over there !!!

Its a bit annoying, I may have to start using a US supplier to get my Criterions from in future. Is there any changes to the spec of the disks from the US version (presubably they have a French soundtrack on there)

5. billduff

billduff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have send an e-mail to Jon Mulvaney (mucho-honco at Criterion) asking if he can make sure that the Canadian disks use 'proper' criterion covers form now on and the see if he can persuade the Canadian distributer to let us change our covers.

I'll let you know if I get a reply. you can try yourselves at this page. Maybe if enough of us complain they may do something.

http://www.criterionco.com/asp/ask_form.asp

6. malcy

malcy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Play are sending out the Canadian version.
    The only UK based source for the US version is Movietyme but its £24.99, they also offer the Canadian for less so take care you get the right one when ordering.