Trading In Games With Online Retailer

peterjspencer

Established Member
Reaction score
Im sick to death of being offered buttons by Game for my trade ins. Gamestation used to be a bit better, but Ive not used them recently, and Im assuming that as they are now owned by Game anyway their pricing structure will match up sooner or later. I know Ive seen someone on one of the gaming forums mention an online retailer that will offer good trade in prices. Not sure how it works but I cant find the thread which mentioned it.
Did I dream it or is there such a thing, and can anyone recommend a reliable retailer if so. ...... thanks in advance

Why not just trade on here.............:)

You could try cex, they publish the prices they pay on their website. You're best bet is to to sell them through the forum on here though.

Im sick to death of being offered buttons by Game for my trade ins. Gamestation used to be a bit better, but Ive not used them recently, and Im assuming that as they are now owned by Game anyway their pricing structure will match up sooner or later. I know Ive seen someone on one of the gaming forums mention an online retailer that will offer good trade in prices. Not sure how it works but I cant find the thread which mentioned it.
Did I dream it or is there such a thing, and can anyone recommend a reliable retailer if so. ...... thanks in advance

I recently traded Fifa 08 against Ratchet & Clank at Gamestation and got a whopping £12 for it! Not bad for a game that cost me £50 2 months earlier in the same store! :rolleyes:

I traded lego star wars in gamestation last week, they gave me £30 quid for it. I was well chuffed as i actually made money on it lol

I recently traded Fifa 08 against Ratchet & Clank at Gamestation and got a whopping £12 for it! Not bad for a game that cost me £50 2 months earlier in the same store! :rolleyes:

I hope you didnt trade it in. I find that its usually best to sell on ebay instead of trading in. I know they have to mark it up to make a profit but the prices offered by some game stores sometimes is ridiculous

I know that seems horrendous, but you can buy Fifa for £25 brand new now and they have to make a profit on the £12. Mind you I think £15 would have been a fairer price to pay you for them to resell it at £20.

You have to be careful with EA sports games, as new versions come out every year and it is difficult to sell the older ones.

I know that seems horrendous, but you can buy Fifa for £25 brand new now and they have to make a profit on the £12. Mind you I think £15 would have been a fairer price to pay you for them to resell it at £20.

You have to be careful with EA sports games, as new versions come out every year and it is difficult to sell the older ones.

i assumed the price mentioned was trade in price. Therefore, just like the motor industry, if you are spending your money there on a new game youd expect the trade in to be a bit better :)

I sell regularly to Cex Online, but will start selling here aswell now.

id recommend using ebay for selling games, i was just on there looking if there were any cheap games to buy but there selling pretty highly,

examples
Assasins creed for £30, i only paid £30 for it so might well put it up cause i dont play it anymore.
R:FOM for about £20 - £25, I havent played this since first week of my ps3 for one reason 'COD4!' so looks like il be putting that on too.

My local xtravision usually give me twenty quid for each of my games, i traded in Fifa 08 for twenty quid and they say they will also give me twenty for assasins creed.

not sure if there all over uk tho, think its just a Northern Ireland and republic ireland store, there the same as blockbuster.

blockbuster also do trade in deals...you normally have to trade in specific titles..but in return you can buy new titles for just £14.99

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom