Trading an HD200x for an HD600X to get 3d. Good or bad idea?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by davelorraineamy, Nov 28, 2010.

1. davelorraineamy

davelorraineamy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have had an HD200X for around a year now. Its great and I dont have too much trouble with the RBE, but really fancy the 3D option the HD600x gives.

I currently watch from around 11 feet back and have a screen size of around 12foot diagonal.

The 600x is only 720p and i wondered if anyone had any thoughts on how much i will notice the resolution drop. If i watch 720p files on the HD200x i dont notice it at all, but is that because there is some upscaling going on in the PS3 or the PJ ?!

You can get a 600x for around £400, and could probably offload the 200X for 300 on fleabay. Then i just need the 3D XL box, and i am good to go.

Aside from personal views on the benefits of 3d, what do you all think about the drop from 1080p to 720p on a big screen size?Would i regret it?

I have posted a couple of pics of the 200X in action for those interested.

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  2. leo79

leo79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +591
    I'd personally advise against it, by the looks of it you have a v.large screen and I think ultimately you would regret exchanging for the HD600.
    However if 3D is important to you then really only you can decide.
    And if you do decide to put your HD200X on fleabay for £300, I'll offer you £310 cash:thumbsup:

Cheers

Leo

3. davelorraineamy

davelorraineamy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Cheers Leo

I got a bit over-excited about the adapter Optoma have launched only to be disappointed that it doesnt work with the HD200, so been looking at options.

I think you are probably right to stick for now. Was hoping that Optoma might enable the HD200 through an update, even if it only did 3d at 720, but looks unlikely.

Like I say, watching 720p stuff on the 200 looks good to me, but i suspect th native resolution of the PJ may have an impact.

I may try and get a demo somewhere, and if i do go for a (downgrade?!) i'll let you know..

If anyone else has experience comparing a 1080p to 720p image on a big screen, be good to hear!

4. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    most decent hifi dealers will allow you a home demo for a deposit....try one and then you can be sure :D