Bargain Expired Trade in bargains, not just Lumagen

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Reaction score
Due to the continuing popularity of the new Radiance Pro range i am getting lots of original Radiance units traded in. These are absolute bargains and are perfect for those wanting to start out on calibration or who want cheap entry in to the 2.35:1 aspect projection set ups without lens memories, anamorphic lenses or electronic zooms

Current units available shown below

Last edited:
Incoming Current RADIANCE PRO bargains..

1 x open box RADIANCE 4240 with 18Gbs inputs and output updates. Usual SRP £5000 Special price £3900

1 x 2u cased 4446 9GHz in and out. Usual SRP £6400 This ex demo unit £3200

ABOVE NOW ALL SOLD

Last edited:
2041 above sold. but I N C O M I N G.......Radiance Pro 4242

i have a Radiance Pro coming back from one of my dealers as their client has decided to go with a bigger fully loaded 4446. This sort of upgrade is happening quite frequently now so i might get more over the summer. I don't expect to get this until end of May so if you want a bargain let me know now. I can optionally add 18GHz inputs and outputs for extra cost but the unit will be a standard 4242. SRP £4650 yours for £3200 delivered.

Hi Gordon / Convergent AV

I'm looking for a bargain on a radiance pro, but a bargain with a twist .

The twist is I'd like delivery to Paris, France as well as calibration with my LG OLED55B7. Patient enough to wait for availability of both unit and SDR & HDR calibration, but interested at the moment in if possible, availability and what you would quote.

Inputs at the moment are
French DVR TV box (does 4k)
Panny 4k player
Apple TV 4k
PS4 Pro (may not include into lumagen if lag is an issue)

My outputs are a pioneer lx76 amp (sound only as not 100% 4k compat pass thru) and the LG telly (above).

Tempt me...
Thanks

I have another 4242 unit available. It's an ex demo unit in good condition with warranty. I can fit 18GHz in and out for increased price but it can come as either a 4242 or i can make it a 4240

Price delivered in UK 4242 £3200 or as 4240 £3000

Message me for more details. With the new Dynamic Tonemapping feature now implemented these just get better and better...

Hi Gordon
could lumagen 4242 Tonemapping the 4K HDR BT2020 to 2k sdr bt2020 correctly? because now I use oppo 205 as player and my project is CHRISTIE CP2000-ZX,so the projector is a 2k projector but it can display DCI P3 gamut, when I use oppo 205 make the Tonemapping from 4K HDR BT2020 to 2k sdr bt2020, the color is not mapping correctly,so could lumagen 4242 do the mapping properly?

Thanks

I see no reason why it should not. At home i have an old 1080P projector i use a LUT to map HDR REC2020 to it plus a Vertex to remove the copy protection allowing it to work. Obviously if your display supports HDCP2.2 you don't even need that

I should also add that if your unit has support for REC2020 colourspace then the lumagen will output 2K with REC2020 colour format or you could set it to output DCIP3 colour format and allow the Pro to map REC2020 to that. I know your unit is a DCI projectot but i have no experience of working with one myself in UK.

Hi Gordon, would you be getting 2124 or 2144's in at some point and at which prices?
Considering to upgrade my XS at some point, but don't need 4K processing just yet as my projector is 1080p Rec.709 only

I should also add that if your unit has support for REC2020 colourspace then the lumagen will output 2K with REC2020 colour format or you could set it to output DCIP3 colour format and allow the Pro to map REC2020 to that. I know your unit is a DCI projectot but i have no experience of working with one myself in UK.
OH.I know,thank you for your answer. If I want to buy the LUMAGEN from you,could you delivery it to Luxembourg? I have friend now live at Luxembourg, I can let her bring the lumagen to China.

i sold hardly any of the analogue input units like those so i suspect pretty unlikely.

No problem Gordon, thanks anyway :)

Talking strictly about the digital part, would you say a 2123/2143 is worth the upgrade coming from a XS?

No problem Gordon, thanks anyway :)

Talking strictly about the digital part, would you say a 2123/2143 is worth the upgrade coming from a XS?

If you make use of the calibration part, yes, for sure. If not then it's pretty much the same apart from addition of darbee processing and slightly better scaling

If you make use of the calibration part, yes, for sure. If not then it's pretty much the same apart from addition of darbee processing and slightly better scaling

I do use AutoCAL with the Lumagen and CalMAN, so the 17x17x17 should be worth it compared to 5x5x5.

Let me know once a 2124/2144 pops up somewhere and I will keep the XS for now as I also use the composite input still for Laserdiscs :)

Hi Gordon
I am after a 4242 for my room, do you have one available with warranty dont mind if its an ex demo unit?

Update" Now that the 2U high cased Radiance Pro has been phased out we are moving our demo units on to the 1u version. As such we have one only, for now, 2u high cased 444x unit for sale. Currently it is configured as a 4442 unit with four 9GHz in and four 9GHz outputs. Although this is a 2U height case it is one of the last of these models and has the newer 1u main PCB internally. Contact me directly for bargain pricing. This is normally SRP £6000 in this spec but it will be much less. Get in touch!

Just a heads up. We kept the 444x 2u unit above but it will likely be for sale end of this month. early march.. We do however have one of our small 424x compact units. It currently is fitted with a single 18GHz input and a 9GHz output module. This is 4240 spec and would have an SRP of £5300. I can do this for £3400.

Also, for those still wanting analoigue input modules i have been told by Lumagen that they have the parts available to build one last 2144 HD to 4K scaler with the best in class Composite video input for laserdisc. These were/are rare. former SRP is £3400 but i can do this new one for £2150 delivered. I don't expect this will hang around once folk know it's available so get in touch now if you want it.

Can vouch for the 2144 with Laserdisc :)

too bad it doesn’t have 4K inputs and DTM :(

Hi Gordon - might have a couple of grand to invest in a s/hand 4K Lumagen shortly ... what's in stock or coming up and is there any trade-in value for my Mini3-D ?

What would a bargain Lumagen for an Epson LS 10000 be? ;)

Hi Gordon,

I am interested in a Lumagen for my JVC N7 and calibration too. Can you contact me?

Cheers!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom