Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Arcam sold elsewhere

Limited number Radiance Pro 4242+ COMPACT case version. B Stock
2 x 18GHz in, 2 x 9GHz in, 2 x 9GHz out

Traded in
Toshiba HD-DVD player
Lots of discs for above
Pioneer 737 DVD player with SDI output modification! remote is not in great condition....
Sony BD player BDPS5000ES

markie4tv8699

Arcam sold elsewhere

Limited number Radiance Pro 4242+ COMPACT case version. B Stock
2 x 18GHz in, 2 x 9GHz in, 2 x 9GHz out

Traded in
Toshiba HD-DVD player
Lots of discs for above
Pioneer 737 DVD player with SDI output modification! remote is not in great condition....
Sony BD player BDPS5000ES
Any updates on stock? I’m interested in a 4K unit for aspect ratio control as my BENQ W2700 has no lens memory , I have an anamorphic lens.

John Woodcock

Hi Gordon would a cheaper lumagen solve the problem of the JVC X35 when i go to zoom out on my 2:35 screen i seem to have bleed over where the image goes over the screen.

John Woodcock

What do you mean by bleed over? Are you saying that when you play 2.35:1 material you see active image information above and blow the screen area? or are you saying you can see the projected black bars lighting up the area above and below the screen?
I see active image information above and below, is this due to the JVCX35 Zoom ? only just noticed it over last few months, due to the fact looking for fault rather then enjoying it.

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
If you play 2.35:1 material on a 2.35:1 screen with the image zoomed to fit width f screen then your screen, and you see overspill top and bottom, then

1: Your screen is not 2.35:1

2: The content is not 235:1

3: There is some aspect control/scaling going on in the projector.

What happens when you play a 2.4:1 film? Does it fit the screen correctly? If it does then your answer is your screen is likely 2.4:1 not 2.35:1 Lumagen aspect ratio control in the current Pro range can make 2.35:! and 2.4:1 always fit height of either of those screen types. It will also auto detect 2.0:1, 2.2:1, 1.85:1 and 1.78::! and will make it fit within the height of a 2.35 or 2.4:! screen aspect. I do not think all those aspects are supported on older models though

markie4tv8699

Hi Gordon would a cheaper lumagen solve the problem of the JVC X35 when i go to zoom out on my 2:35 screen i seem to have bleed over where the image goes over the screen.
Gordon may have answered this but theres another point to take in, Gordon please correct me if i get it wrong, firstly, dont zoom out your picture as you will loose 50% of your resolution. secondly if your using a 2:39.1 screen the lumagen will expand the picture to the correct ratio but you might find a slight streach to the screen , this is where an anamorphic lens comes in to expand the picture left and right.

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Markie4TV: You lose zero resolution on 2.35:1 material on same aspect screen if you zoom out to fit the screen width. This is exactly the best scenario for sharpest most detailed image. if you don't zoom out the lens to fit screen width you can't physically make the image fit the width of the screen.

Anamorphic lenses can either expand or compress depending on design

John Woodcock

what sort of money for a lumagen that will do above, think i might have 2:37 screen will have to check.

Rajat

Hello gordon. hope you are well. I have optoma short throw projector paired with 16:9 120" screen. Please guide me which lumagen model can help me as i want to remove black bars while watching movie on streaming platforms. Target is the 4k one

markie4tv8699

Hello gordon. hope you are well. I have optoma short throw projector paired with 16:9 120" screen. Please guide me which lumagen model can help me as i want to remove black bars while watching movie on streaming platforms. Target is the 4k one
The problem is your 16x9 screen , the black bars dictate that the movie is ultra wide , let’s say 21x9 . If you try and expand the picture vertically then everyone would be stretched and look thin, you could zoom out but you would loose a lot of the picture left and right. Not sure if the Lumagen would sort this out.

kryton85

Subscribing as keep missing out in the classifieds. Something for my LS10500 please

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
4444+ above still available
4444+ same spec but 2.5 yr old £3900

Epson LS11000 Laser light source projector. Ex Demo. Used since early Dec2021. Basically bought for testing. Will come precalibrated, or as precalibrated as possible considering it wont be done in your room. £3650

Last edited:

kryton85

Cheers again for the other day Gordon. Not switched it on yet as not had time but appreciate the effort as usual & glad I found the owner of the disc!! Positive feedback about to be left

EDIT: well I would leave feedback but its not allowing me to select a thread from the drop-own randomly and its a required field. Any ideas?

Ash2341

Hi Gordon, hope you are well?

Just sent you a PM about the Keces P8 if that's still available please?

Cheers

Ash

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

PSB Speakers unveils Passif 50 loudspeaker
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung Gaming Hub goes live
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Huawei unveils FreeBuds Pro 2 true wireless earbuds
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sony unveils Inzone gaming brand