Trade in advice please

caz2005

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Okay, I've got 360, Wii and PS3. Really though, I'm fed up of the (supposed to have killer apps) bluray player and want to trade it in. What I'm not sure about though is this....

1: Trade the PS3 in for 360 games

2: Trade both the PS3 and the 360 in for an Elite or Halo3 Ed and pick up less games.

Ultimately, I know I'll end up making a desicion but I'm very interested to know what others would do and might sway my opinion.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

I would stick with what you've got, you'll lose loads on the PS3 and you'll probably want another one in a few months.

I'm gonna swap my 360 later in the year when the HDMI premiums come out with 65nm chips.

keep what youve got mate, you just as well wait for the 360 premium hdmi update, the difference between what you have and the elite isnt worth trading in your ps3 for

Ultimately, I know I'll end up making a desicion but I'm very interested to know what others would do and might sway my opinion.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

I'd suggest keeping the PS3, it may not have a vast amount of 'Triple A' titles at the moment, but you'll have a selection of decent games to play on it by this time next year, perhaps even a few killer apps that would tempt you back to the PS3 if you had sold it on in the first place.

As for the Elite, unless you're having a problem with Component/Vga then I don't really see the point in sidestepping from a Premium to an Elite, Sure - You'll end up with more HD space - are you really in any need for that at the moment though? ;)

You have both the 360 and PS3 so i dont see the point of selling both to get an elite when the elite esentially gives you more HDD space...

Yeah, I see what you guys are saying but...I wanna play games and there's so many out for the 360 this year and you know, I can only afford to buy just one really. Just seems a bit difficult to justify spending all that dosh on games when I've got a PS3 that's been in a box for 3 months. It really has. :(

I'm not a Gran Turismo fan or Metal Gear....can't see anything coming out that grabs my attention other than multi-plaform releases. Unless anyone can enlighten me of them?:confused:

Yeah, I see what you guys are saying but...I wanna play games and there's so many out for the 360 this year and you know, I can only afford to buy just one really. Just seems a bit difficult to justify spending all that dosh on games when I've got a PS3 that's been in a box for 3 months. It really has. :(

I'm not a Gran Turismo fan or Metal Gear....can't see anything coming out that grabs my attention other than multi-plaform releases. Unless anyone can enlighten me of them?:confused:

Im in the same boat really but i imported my ps3 so cant trade it in..Ive just unpluged the HDMI cable from my PS3 to put in my 360 elite, shouldnt be a problem until ratchet and clank comes out..

I understand what your saying if you can only keep one i would obviously be the 360 based on you comments

I don't see the point getting an Elite at the moment. I'll probably dabble with one as a second console once the new 65nm chip version is out. Decent games will come out on the PS3 and i'm holding onto mine (but I do use the blu ray playback side of things and I also use stuff like the photo viewer etc.).

I'd wait for the 65nm chips to come out and trade the premium in for one of those and keep the PS3 & Wii. If you must get rid of the PS3 then see what CEX, Gamestation & Game will give you and compare the figure against selling privately. Try and get what the above will give you in trade in cash via a private sale and then you can spend the cash on what you like. :)

In 6 months time you will want your PS3 back, I too am in the same situation as you my 360 gets 99% of my playtime with my PS3 just collecting dust. I have thought about selling it but I know I will want it back to play:

Drakes Fortune
MGS4
Killzone 2

At the very Least.

If you must get rid of the PS3 then see what CEX, Gamestation & Game will give you and compare the figure against selling privately. Try and get what the above will give you in trade in cash via a private sale and then you can spend the cash on what you like.

Well, I'm living in Spain now. I went in to Game here and the Elite is 400Euros and I would get 300 for my PS3.

In 6 months time you will want your PS3 back, I too am in the same situation as you my 360 gets 99% of my playtime with my PS3 just collecting dust. I have thought about selling it but I know I will want it back to play:

Drakes Fortune
MGS4
Killzone 2

The only title I would want my PS3 back for is Final Fantasy XIII but I read an article in IGN just 2 months ago and aparently then it was only about 1% complete!!??

I've got the same telly and unless you need the 120GB HD the 360 HDMI is a waste of time. VGA looks as good.

If I was you I'd trade the Poos3 for a HD-DVD drive and some games :smashin:

If I was you I'd trade the Poos3 for a HD-DVD drive and some games

Interesting, I have considered this. Thing is, not knowing the way the format war is going to go, I was going to aim and have one of those new Samsungs that play both HD DVD and Blu Ray.

Interesting, I have considered this. Thing is, not knowing the way the format war is going to go, I was going to aim and have one of those new Samsungs that play both HD DVD and Blu Ray.

I've got a HDDVD drive and whilst it's not bad, the noise of the 360 can be a bit of a pain when watching a film. The quieter voices can be hard to hear as they can be drowned out by the 360 noise. The PS3 on the other hand is a lot quieter and makes a pretty decent BD/DVD player.

I'll make do with the HDDVD player for now until the market settles down and we see a winner emerging. I tend to buy cross platform films on Blu Ray, simply because the PS3 does a better job of playing films given my setup.

One option would be to get rid of the PS3 and buy a decent multiformat player and just use the 360 for games.

One option would be to get rid of the PS3 and buy a decent multiformat player and just use the 360 for games.

You see, it comes to a point when you realise you just can't afford to buy games for all 3 systems. :(

Keep the PS3 as a Blue ray player for now, use the 360 as a media centre and games machine then sell the Wii :smashin:

Keep the PS3 as a Blue ray player for now, use the 360 as a media centre and games machine then sell the Wii

Each to their own but that's the last thing I'd do with Metroid & SM Galaxy on the way. Plus I'm enjoying reliving N64 games too much.

Nope, the PS3's going for a 360. But I think I'm gonna keep my current 360 too. You see, I can't always play when I want on MY tv in the lounge because there are other people. If I had a 360 in both the lounge and the "office" I could play whenever I want. ;)

Each to their own but that's the last thing I'd do with Metroid & SM Galaxy on the way. Plus I'm enjoying reliving N64 games too much.

Nope, the PS3's going for a 360. But I think I'm gonna keep my current 360 too. You see, I can't always play when I want on MY tv in the lounge because there are other people. If I had a 360 in both the lounge and the "office" I could play whenever I want. ;)

Personally I wouldn't sell any of my consoles. However if I couldn't keep all three and had to sell one it would be either the PS3 or the 360. The Wii is very different from the other two and has a lot of potential plus it's got all the big Nintendo franchises like you mentioned. I think the Wii is a perfect compliment to one of the other two and having a Wii and a 360 or a Wii and a PS3 is a better option then selling the Wii.

Personally I wouldn't sell any of my consoles. However if I couldn't keep all three and had to sell one it would be either the PS3 or the 360. The Wii is very different from the other two and has a lot of potential plus it's got all the big Nintendo franchises like you mentioned. I think the Wii is a perfect compliment to one of the other two and having a Wii and a 360 or a Wii and a PS3 is a better option then selling the Wii.

Agreed! The PS3 & 360 are very similar in what they do, where as the Wii is very different and would probably be the last to go from my collection. I'd certainly get rid of the PS3 first as although there's a few games coming out on it that i'd want to play, there's no where near as many as on the other two consoles.

i would keep them all as well. think about this sell the ps3 and get quite a few 360 games only to realise that theyre making some truly brilliant ps3 exclusives you then regret selling the ps3 and then realising you could trade in a few old games to get those 360 games you got with the ps3 money. just a thought please keep any negative thoughts to yourself.

personally i would sell my wii, as im currently thinking of doing as it gets no use what so ever, there are no titles that really intrest me and i dont think there will be any realsed to my knowledge that will. the fact it only has one online game doesnt help to lack of use it gets, well to be fair its not been used since my 360 was repaired 2 months ago

Well, I guess we all have different ideas on who the different consoles are best suited to and for what. Me personally, the PS3 is gone now. I'd like to thank everyone for their comments

Happy gaming. :thumbsup:

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom