Trade Electronics and Go Digital Warehouse

Fraggle rocking

Novice Member
Please don't deal with these 2 company's. They are both the same business, running from the same premises and the same contact number. They say if you pay via a Direct Bank Transfer you get 10% off. Do NOT do it. DO NOT deal with them. Grade A TVs are NOT Grade A. What I received was more like a Grade C. Scratches everywhere. I sent it back. No refund! I now have to go to small claims court. Please beware!

Over by there

Report to local trading standards?

Fraggle rocking

Novice Member
I have done. Next it's small claims court. Because I posted a truthful review on TrustPilot they are threatening me with solicitors and trying to claim £750 and also claiming to have my IP address. Domonic Colombo is the person "in charge" and is so rude and awful to to deal with. It's been a nightmare. I looked at Trade Electronics reviews not Go Digital Warehouse as I didn't know they were the same company!!

Over by there

Try reporting to Action Fraud as well then. No guarantee they will act but if they do not get the info then nothing can happen. Possibly mention it to watchdog as well, not that they can do a lot for you directly I think but you never know.

Sounds like bullying anyway.

No help now but always dig into a company when it looks too good on price. I think one had nicked a logo from somewhere else, right click on images and see where the dress is. The Trade Electronics has the credit card icons link from an Indian restaurant same as Go. I have no idea if that is a correct way to display big branded cards as payment methods. Also the emphasis is on a method that I would never use.

However, they cannot absolve themselves of the legal obligations.
What do I do if I have a faulty product? What are my rights?

Sabina case

Novice Member
I wish I had joined this site earlier, just got caught by Trade Electronics for a lot of money, should have known better but it was a spur of the moment thing, still ongoing, getting nowhere, they are scum. As a 74 year old woman I can't believe this company are allowed to continue. If you've been robbed report to Action Fraud, report to anyone you can, before they change their name again. Won't be getting my money back but would be very happy to see these people brought to justice

Sabina case

Novice Member
Report to Action Fraud and anyone else who will listen, they need to be brought to book for robbing people, me included

Redrose2000

Novice Member
I am going down the small claims route and they have agreed to going through the alternative dispute scheme first. I am trying to get to speak directly to trading Standards in Poole / Bournemouth as they need to be stopped from doing business like this. If we all keep complaining, using consumer protection to our benefit and publicising this cowboy outfit as much as we can I'm sure we can get a positive result.

Sabina case

Novice Member
it is very difficult to get to trading standards, mostly has to go through Citizens advice.
I have been accused of damaging the item and no doubt when returned they will say it's not working, but it never did. I'm also going to small claims, it has become about principle, many people on review sites having same problem, hope they don't give in as that's how they work.

Sabina case

Novice Member
I have been in contact with someone who is willing to help advice people on this situation having been in it himself, if you need his help I will forward messages to him.

Last edited:

chintanmech197

Novice Member
Bought 50 inch TV from them 1st Mistake from me, They deliver late which is not right because I have to chase Arrow XL for delivery.
Bought grade A TV which as per description might have minor scratches however got 3cm scratch on screen and dent on screen as well. when started TV I have found Dead Pixel.
Email them but no reply so called them up and Matthew who is their sales director picked up the [hone and said this is what it is and if you want refund send TV back on your cost and we will refund you after 14 days through Cheque or take £10.00 good will gesture, When I argue that this is not what you described then he told me you have only 2 option and that is hang up the call, Since then I am sending him and email and no reply.
I am sure they are killing time by not replying my emails to make sure that 14 days lapse and then they do not need to change as per their contract.
10% off bank transfer because then you do not have right of reverse money. So if you buy product from bank transfer then this Matthew guy make sure that you receive 3rd grade product and if you want to send it back it will not cost him anything however he can off load his faulty goods to people who pays by bank transfer.
I have to go to Small claim court and if needed further to that as well. Because someone needs to show this conman his place.
May bee need to find out how to give this in newspapers so at lest people can save their life rather then goes through this trauma and torture.
I have also reported this to citizen advice buero and trading standard and no surprise why this conman is still in this business as both can't do or don't want to do anything to this con company.
May be small claims court will help me.

Thecove

Novice Member
Bought 50 inch TV from them 1st Mistake from me, They deliver late which is not right because I have to chase Arrow XL for delivery.
Bought grade A TV which as per description might have minor scratches however got 3cm scratch on screen and dent on screen as well. when started TV I have found Dead Pixel.
Email them but no reply so called them up and Matthew who is their sales director picked up the [hone and said this is what it is and if you want refund send TV back on your cost and we will refund you after 14 days through Cheque or take £10.00 good will gesture, When I argue that this is not what you described then he told me you have only 2 option and that is hang up the call, Since then I am sending him and email and no reply.
I am sure they are killing time by not replying my emails to make sure that 14 days lapse and then they do not need to change as per their contract.
10% off bank transfer because then you do not have right of reverse money. So if you buy product from bank transfer then this Matthew guy make sure that you receive 3rd grade product and if you want to send it back it will not cost him anything however he can off load his faulty goods to people who pays by bank transfer.
I have to go to Small claim court and if needed further to that as well. Because someone needs to show this conman his place.
May bee need to find out how to give this in newspapers so at lest people can save their life rather then goes through this trauma and torture.
I have also reported this to citizen advice buero and trading standard and no surprise why this conman is still in this business as both can't do or don't want to do anything to this con company.
May be small claims court will help me.
We are having the exact same issue.
Matthew is avoiding us, TS say they are breaking the 2015 consumers act and their T&c’s Are not above the law.

Any advice or help would be great!
Thanks.

liz30528

Novice Member
How I wish I had read these reviews before I bought from this company.
I bought a tv earlier this week and stupidly paid by bank transfer to get the discount. The tv arrived quickly enough, but was not adequately packaged. It came in just its own box with some black cling film around 2/3 of the box. When we opened the box the screen was smashed. I immediately contacted Trade Electronics, sent photos, and they agreed that it had happened in transit. They have asked me to return it for a refund.
The courier’s websites I have looked at all say that they will not take a parcel unless it is protected by packaging. Also if the tv is lost or stolen they don’t compensate you. I emailed TE and asked them to send a courier to my house with packaging and return the tv to TE at their cost. They refused and referred me to the T&C. They conveniently ignored the fact that the tv was only damaged because they didn’t send it in protective packaging. I have emailed them again and referred them to the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977

liz30528

Novice Member
Sorry didn’t get to finish my post. I also referred Trade Electronics to a site called businesscompanion.info. These sites were told to me by the Consumer Helpline in England. Their number is 03454040506. They are going to report this company to Trading Standards in Poole where they are based.
I have also sent a message to Watchdog and Action Fraud. I have told the company that if they do not send a courier to pickup the tv and refund me in full I will go to the small claims court. I am determined to take this as far as I can.
Hope this helps. I will let you all know the outcome

Sabina case

Novice Member
Had same trouble, don't give in keep all emails and photos and put in for small claims court, he will come to the notice of the authorities the more people who make it known, do not take notice of the 14 days thing, you have a legal right to return a faulty item in 30 days, read up on consumer rights and keep reporting. We can't all be wrong with so many faulty items

Last edited:

liz30528

Novice Member
Thanks Sabina case. I have kept all emails and photos and am going to take a video. I have an email from Matt atTE agreeing that it was damaged in transit, so they can’t back out of that. I have sent them links to Consumer Rights Act and Unfair Contract Terms,and pointed out that the law of 30 days supersedes their T&C.
I’m waiting for a reply. If I don’t get what I want I will send a formal letter by recorded delivery and start the small claims process. I don’t give up easily

liz30528

Novice Member
TE have agreed to uplift the tv by their courier on Wednesday. They have even given me a tracking number. They have agreed if it is lost or stolen it will be between them and the courier. I have also told them that if the money is not in my account 3 days after they receive the tv I will instigate small claims proceedings
Look at the website They have changed the T&C about faulty goods. They have also taken down the payment method at the top and now offer credit cards.
I have photos of the previous T&C if anyone wants I can send them to you, because they were relevant when you bought something from them

Pete 44

Standard Member
Hi, Had same problems with these guys and had to take them to court. To be honest, they do this for a living and I genuinely believe they will do everything in the power NOT to refund you. I appreciate all of the consumer rights items mentioned above, but I simply think they DO NOT CARE. Unfortunately, small claims is probably the best route and I would recommend doing it sooner than later (especially if you paid through direct debit). The sad reality is that most won't take them to court and if that is the case, they win. As you are well aware, they have run multiple websites over the year all manged by DC Digital Entertainment Ltd. I would strongly advise anyone who has been ripped off to report them to your local and Poole trading standards as well as Action Fraud.

The only drawback to small claims is if they dissolve the limited company and in that case you may struggle to get money. Just FYI, it looks like the managing director has just created a new Ltd. company on June 24th 2019 called UKDATATECH LTD. so I wouldn't be surprised if that becomes the new DC Digital (details on link below).

Ukdatatech Ltd - Company Profile - Endole

Sabina case

Novice Member
Couldn't agree more, he is just a bully who hopes people will give up, everyone who has been through the same thing needs to get hold of trading standards in Bournemouth which isn't easy, or contact Bournemouth Citizens advice. I'm going to small claims and will follow it up by asking for the bailiffs. Will never trust an online review star system again either.

liz30528

Novice Member
My tv wars received and signed for on Thursday 27 June. I have a copy of this from the courier’s website. Got an email yesterday to say that they have not received it. Replied with a copy of courier’s site with tracking number TE gave to show it had been received.
Said if the money is not in my account by Monday I will be starting the small claims court proceedings
What is worrying me is that if they refuse to accept the recorded delivery letter I have to send first, can I still go to the small claims court?
Any advice would be appreciated

Sabina case

Novice Member
You will have proof of postage from the post office, you can also track it to see if its been delivered. As long as you sent it you can't do any more.

Over by there

Have you tried Citizens advice and contacted the local trading standards? I have had helpful advice over the years. Not always what wanted to hear but useful.

They are not entitled to get out of legal obligations. OK, easy to say as they will swing the lead and can still get out of it but know your ground before engaging.
What do I do if I have a faulty product? What are my rights?

deanos

it’s worth reporting the guys to trading standards, it’s illegal to offer a discount if paying by direct debit, law was changed recently all payment methods are to be charged the same, they are in effect charging a 10% fee to use a credit/debit card which is illegal

liz30528

Novice Member
PLEASE PLEASE everyone who has been scammed by this company which falls under DC Digital Entertainments Ltd send your story too the Daily Mirror. I got a reply from Andrew Penman the journalist who investigates scams and fraud replied and said “please let me know if you have not be refunded by 19 th”
The email is [email protected].
If enough people contact him hopefully the paper will take it up and get something done

Trending threads

Latest news

Google Stadia and Pixel Buds launch dates announced
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Pixel 4 and 4 XL smartphones launched at Google event
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
iFi launches Zen DAC and headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Rakuten TV launches free AVOD service in Europe