1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trade 4 games for 99p

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by locky79, Mar 16, 2005.

1. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hullo just got back from work and ive got good news to all those who have games they dont want anymore.

basically trade 4 games and get any chart title for 99p :D thats right babeh!
    but make sure its not football wrestling and try not to have any of the play it range games as they dont seem to scan in on the tills.

enjoy the offer, i need to find some games as i want resident evil 4 for 99p!! MUST GET THAT GAME DAMN IT! :rolleyes:

2. jian

jian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    It might be helpful if you listed the retailer! It is Game, I presume???

3. jenic

jenic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +178
    Bit late since another forum states the offer ended today!

4. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    correction my dear forum fellow but its a NEW and improved deal :) and yes its GAME i thought you guys knew where i worked by now :D :rotfl:

5. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Yep new deal its on all Chart titles so you can get come Friday Res evil 4 or Brothers in arms for 99p each if you have 4 crap games to trade in.
    Remember its worth checking places like Gamestation/Blockbuster for cheap 2nd hand games (£2.99-£4.99 price range) and buying them and then trading them in at Game.
    4x games at £4.99 = £19.96 plus 99p = £20.95 Less if you can find some cheaper 2nd hand games.

6. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Thought this deal ended on the 16th? if not i'm defo getting Resi 4 on friday.

7. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    The Old deal where you could get either Project Snowblind, Fifa street, Gt4, Metal gear solid 3 Ended on March 16th.
    This is a new deal where you can get any Chart titles for 99p and 4 crap trade in games.

8. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Ah got ya Resi 4 tomorrow then. :clap:

9. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,424
    Great minds :thumbsup:
    Gamestation=GC games Kelly Slaters pro Surfer/Die Hard Vendetta/Dave Mirra2/Zoocube, total £18.96 :) Told the nice young chap on the till what I was buying them for and he knocked another £1 per game off :rotfl:
    That'll be Resi4 for £15.95 then :clap:

10. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    just suffered the 1st wave of deal and damn we got box load of shatty games! GRRr give me some classic titles!!! no more wipeout or oni please!!

but on a good note i bought some games from chips and the guy is a nice chappy and showed me some nice cheap games :)

RE4 tomorrow!! cant decide on my 2nd yet.. its either zelda 4 swords or metriod prime Echo :/ choices.. choices...

11. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got home from town (Birmingham) and both branches of Game had sold out of Resi 4 :mad: so I got Stranger's Wrath on the X-box instead.

The nice lady behind the counter said they received very few copies considering the demand (they sold out pretty early in the day).

I couldn't be bothered to check any other stores to see but Nintendo haven't gone ballsed this one up have they (as the shop assistant implied)? Or is it simply that Game had sold out because of this trade-in offer?

12. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    That's a shame but you just bought a very very good game, your in for a real treat playing Stranger's Wrath great gameplay and ace graphs. Let me know what you think of it when you've had a good play.

I took my 4 games back tonight & now have Resi 4 so cheers for the heads up lads.

13. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah i've heard great things about it. I was planing on buying it anyway but my funds were getting low so this promotion has been perfect timing.

I'm not that fussed at missing Resi 4 they said they should have more in the week anyway. Plus i'm not a fan of having more then one game to play at a time, cant focus :rolleyes: . So as soon as I finish Metal Gear 3 (should be tonight) i'll let you know what I think of Oddworld :thumbsup:

14. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Where can you get cheapo games for the trade ins from ?

15. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    try those cash converter places but make sure you get to check the discs etc etc.

damn just suffered the 3rd day of this deal and we got box's in the cellar so much its ridculous.

also another thing that is ridculous is our HQ monkey's, i can NOT stand HQ they always making stupid mistakes and on top of that they only sent us 15 copies of RE4, i swear the people who are in charge of allocation or the department who buys stock totally messed it up, we had to send the customers to gamestation as they got 45 copies compared to our 15 ;/ and our store is suppose to be bloody triple AAA store HQ monkeys!!

16. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    locky79 is there any chance you can explain how this offer is benefiting GAME? Basically how much do retailers make from the £30-40 for a new game? I always thought the majority went to the store.

Am i right in thinking that all the money made from the sale of second-hand games goes to the retailer? If we were trading in GTA: San Andreas, Halo 2, Fifa 2005 and NFS: Underground 2 I could understand. Im not sure how much these would fetch second-hand but I assume at least £20-25. But as you said were giving you nothing but absolute tosh.

99p + 4 games, as low as £3 each sometimes even less, and some are so bad they ain't even worth that! I can't see them being sold for more then that. So thats £13 after you sell on the trade-ins. Do you really sell that many second-hand Wipeout Fusion's and Oni's?

Now either:
    a) the second-hand market is much bigger then I think it is
    or
    b) retailers make a lot less then I thought (less then £13???)

Whatever the case I love this promotion :D . I'm considering not buying anymore games this year because you know GAME will be putting this offer on again in the summer when all the kids are off school (well I hope anyway :D ).

17. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    The only problem is picking up cheap games. What games are excluded is it just sports titles ?

Other PS2, Xbox, Gamecube games are ok ???

18. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    No football or Wrestling games are allowed in the offer. Any other game will do they must be either Xbox, PS2, GC games and be in good condition with box and manuels. No Multi's of games either (eg. you cant trade in 3 copys of F1 2001 at the same time )
    You can trade any old crap - Manicmaloney traded in F1 2001 on ps2 and they accepted that no problem.
    Just have a good look in Gamestation, Blockbusters, Cash convertors etc.
    Even if you find they only have 4 games at £5 each that will only cost you £20 to get a Brand New game which is normally £30+ So you still save a good bit.

19. mrmcdean

mrmcdean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I assume that you can trade in games from any format to get a new game for any format......

I have an x box, I traded in 4 x box games and got Brothers in arms. Now if I want to get another game for my x box will I need to find 4 more x box games ? I assume I can take in 4 PS2 games if I want and still get another x box game....

Is this correct ?

Cheers

20. Sami

Sami

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Yep you can exchange any combination of the 4 consoles for one game.

I went in to the Oxford Street branch near The Plaza on Saturday and got the following:

Resident Evil 4
    Mario Power Tennis
    Mario Party 6 (with microphone)
    Ea Fight Night Round 2 (Xbox)

Managed to get away with trading in Red Card Soccer as well!

21. mrmcdean

mrmcdean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Many thanks Sami, I dont know if thats good news or bad news !! :confused:

22. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    well since im not the guy at the top, i assume the company buys games about £24.99 or something since they buy in bulk so they can sell it at £29.99 to £39.99

so if you trade in 4 games we probably sell them at 7.97 so making some profit or probably do some deals where its buy 1 and get the 2nd half price.

get the idea?

dont quote me on that im just picking at straws.... i got my RE4 for 99p though wooot! :clap:

23. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Surprised nobody else has mentioned it but MVC are doing a (slightly) better offer - 4 old games for any brand new title - save the 99p!! :clap:

24. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    ok peeps the 4 games for 99p is ending soon so take advantage of it soon!
    also on a side note.. we sold out of RE4 :D :clap:
    we better buy some more stock because i want the cube to sell lots and lots :clap:

25. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    WHen does it end. No games near me unfortunately have to go to Stockport.

26. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought the offer was on till Aprill 5th? Or so a member of staff told me yeaterday. I hope thats the case, this offer has turned me into a right old cheepskate :D.

Chears for the heads up on MVC's offer Lex. Seeing as GAME have no Resident Evil 4 looks like i'll have to check them out

27. Racquel Darrian

Racquel Darrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +666
    No Res 4 in any of the Bristol Game shops.
    The main one has got Xbox Live 12 Sub for £19.99 though.

28. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Thats the problem. I would be doing it for Resident Evil 4 and nowhere seems to have it so a bit pointless for me.

Shame I have found a load of Games locally for £3.99 each that would be acceptable.

29. Racquel Darrian

Racquel Darrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +666
    Strange thing is Res 4 is sold out everywhere but if you look at the GC in store charts it's not on it.
    It's as if it's no.1 but the shops are embarrased, they don't have any, so they are trying to pretend it doesn't exist.
    Can't find any mention that Res 4 exists at all in any of the Game shop in Bristol.

30. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    theres a very good reason why its not no1 its because the company has none in the warehouse, they didnt think it would sell and i told HQ 2 weeks before launch to fix the pre-order code but did they FKING LISTEN!!!?!?! NO!

i really cant stand HQ, well anyway my rant over.. re4 and mgs3 has been taken off because of the 99p deal shame really but i got my copy before it got taken off.

if your xbox live kit is still £19.99 buy it because its suppose to be £34.98
    im not sure if the people down south know there games but i know i know my gaming inside out GRrrr