Tracy Barlow

L

lisa burrell

I was amused to see the end of this review of mondays corrie with the national grid figures.

c/w and thanks from http://www.utvlive.com/newsroom/indepth.asp?id=12230&pt=e

Street star starts life behind bars

Scheming murderer Tracy Barlow sits alone in her prison cell with nothing for company but a picture of her daughter.

The cold-blooded killer, played by Kate Ford, has begun life behind bars following her guilty verdict for murder shown in last night`s gripping episode of Coronation Street.

Unlike her mother Deirdre, who was sensationally jailed in 1998 for a fraud she did not commit, Tracy is guilty as charged.
Deirdre`s prison term sparked a national campaign to release her which even received the backing of Prime Minister Tony Blair.

However, Tracy is set to serve her full 15-year sentence for bashing boyfriend Charlie Stubbs on the head with an ornament.

Her fate now decided, these dramatic pictures are from an episode of the ITV1 soap due to be screened on Sunday, April 8.

This is the first and last time that fans will see Tracy as she turns her back on her family when they refuse to fund an appeal for her.

Her daughter Amy will leave the Barlow household to begin life with her father Steve McDonald.

Superbitch Tracy had already confessed her guilt to her mother, played by Anne Kirkbride, who then had to wrestle with her conscience over whether to tell the truth.

Two endings to the court case were filmed, but producers decided that the only option was to see Tracy go down as she had falsely claimed to be the victim of domestic abuse after a violent and premeditated murder.

A spokesman said: "Coronation Street is a moral show where cheats and murderers rarely prosper, so there was no way Tracy could ever get away with this crime."

Tracy closed her eyes as the jury delivered their verdict in last night`s first episode and her mouth fell open when the jury foreman said she had been found guilty of murder.

Deirdre, sitting above her in the public gallery, burst into tears as her daughter continued to deny her crime, shouting: "No, you have got it wrong. I am not a monster."

As the judge handed down the mandatory life sentence for murder and told Tracy she would have to serve 15 years before becoming eligible for parole, Deirdre sobbed: "I am sorry. I am so sorry."

Tracy continued to rant as she was taken down to the cells, yelling: "No. I have a child. I was protecting my child. What is the matter with you? Why can`t you see that? He`s the monster, not me."

Deirdre was inconsolable as she left the court and said: "It is all my fault... I have just sent my daughter to prison" but her husband Ken tried to comfort her, saying: "You did not kill Charlie Stubbs."

The night`s second episode saw the Street reacting to the verdict, with Claire Peacock struggling to absorb the news and Deirdre continuing to blame herself for the outcome.

She said: "She is my daughter. I watched her and Charlie. Maybe if I had done something sooner, it would not have got this far."

But her husband Ken neatly summed up Tracy`s headstrong character, replying: "You will never stop Tracy doing anything if that is what she wants to do."

The final image was of a still-defiant Tracy being walked from the court into the back of a police van, with the door slamming shut as the shot faded into complete darkness.

Early indications were that the first episode containing the verdict attracted most viewers.

A spokeswoman for the National Grid said it recorded a 1,600 megawatt surge in electricity demand at 8pm, as it ended.

This is the equivalent of 650,000 kettles being switched on at the same time and is around twice the amount recorded at the same time last week, the spokeswoman added.

But she said that by the end of the second episode, the demand had fallen back to 730 megawatts.

This is less than a third of the demand recorded by EastEnders when it screened the episode Who Shot Phil?, which pulled in 2,220 megawatts, the spokeswoman said.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom