Tractors and other slow moving vehicles...

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It should be against the law for them to travel along an A road or better between 7.30am and 9am in the morning and 4.30pm - 6pm in the evenings. This morning I passed a tractor going in the opposite direction with a string of 62 cars behind it! (yes, I did count and I know it's sad) Absolutely ridiculous!

Either that or make it compulsory for them to pull over when they have more than 10 cars stuck behind them...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

And a similar law for caravans too, please:D

I thought there was a law in Scotland that slow moving vehicles had to pull over once there was a sizeable queue behind them.

I think that there should also be a ban on drivers using the countryside and lanes as a rat-run.....Permit holders only please during those hours!

And also during those hours trucks/lorries should not be allowed to overtake.....

And also drivers who don't know when to downshift (especially towing a caravan) should be banned between those hours...

Decadence said:
It should be against the law for them to travel along an A road or better between 7.30am and 9am in the morning and 4.30pm - 6pm in the evenings. This morning I passed a tractor going in the opposite direction with a string of 62 cars behind it! (yes, I did count and I know it's sad) Absolutely ridiculous!

Either that or make it compulsory for them to pull over when they have more than 10 cars stuck behind them...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

By law they are supposed to pull over if safe every 1/2 mile or so

Drd said:
No,tractors are possibly useful,caravans are not,Just ban the caravans outright.

Oi - thats where I stay on holiday!

Wild Rumpus said:
And a similar law for caravans too, please:D

Lets ban all cars of under 80bhp per ton power to weight then!

Thats the power to weight of my outfit!

MartinImber said:
Lets ban all cars of under 80bhp per ton power to weight then!

Thats the power to weight of my outfit!
Does that include the driver :devil:

dejongj said:
Does that include the driver :devil:

Looks at belly - er no!

So what engine has your new car got then?

hornydragon said:
I have no issue with tractors but Tanks i do...bloody things crawl round at 5mph belching huge plumes of smoke and are really loud especialy the knacered ones being dragged behind a bulldozer

Scorpions are OK - one got up to 70mph on TV a while ago

hornydragon said:
they don use em anymore Schimtar now and they dropped the petrol engine for a diesel, It Challengers and AS90 that creak round but they can shift when they need to

I used to like the Scorpions as well - a fun sized tank - the one I saw was privately owned and the owner drove it to France - he was cutting up off roaders and got it to 70 on the way to Dover.

What would you think if you were doing 60 and a tank cruised past!

MartinImber said:
Looks at belly - er no!

So what engine has your new car got then?
I don't think my new old one can compete....I've only got the 2.0-16v, not that nice 2.6 like you Martin! But how about throwing in my wife's 3.5 with 279bhp to average it out :D I went economical for once in my life...

BTW I've had several rides on the Leopald tanks, man these things shift and corner!

hornydragon said:
Schimatars are same body as scorpion but bigger gun and they are tiny in side

agh! a tank fan!

As to Challenger 2, the Yanks take the mickey but theirs cannot kill another tank five miles away.

ANyway it's bed time - good night

MartinImber said:
I used to like the Scorpions as well - a fun sized tank - the one I saw was privately owned and the owner drove it to France - he was cutting up off roaders and got it to 70 on the way to Dover.

What would you think if you were doing 60 and a tank cruised past!
:eek: I would hate to think how much petrol that man must have used.....Sounds like good fun though...Could have done with one when I visited my parents for new year in Belgium on the coast....There was so much snow and everyone driving like a slow coach.....

Oh man, you've got me looking on the Net now to see how much one is....

Another pet hate. In the morning rush, a lorry overtaking a lorry on the motorway and not really making progress. This is usually done on a slight uphill and forces everyone else into lane 3. Top move!! :D

Dom996 said:
Another pet hate. In the morning rush, a lorry overtaking a lorry on the motorway and not really making progress. This is usually done on a slight uphill and forces everyone else into lane 3. Top move!! :D
Unless like me you drive uphill on a dual crriage way then its even more FUN :thumbsdow

Horny, surely you're not one of these guys?? :rotfl:

Dom996 said:

They do that ALL the time, and because they are only about 2 mph faster than the lorry they are overtaking, it is agonisingly slow.

Also lorries in the fast lane of a motorway of 3 or more lanes, which they are not meant to do.

Talking about tanks, surely a 50 tonne + vehicle driving at 60 mph or so with metal tracks on tarmac is going to :censored: the road surface?!

mcfarfs said:
Talking about tanks, surely a 50 tonne + vehicle driving at 60 mph or so with metal tracks on tarmac is going to :censored: the road surface?!
That's why they're usually put on a truck and carried around. Where necessary, the tracks are designed to take rubber inserts for road driving. :)

Or the guy doing 60mph in lane 2 when lane 1 is clear, again forcing those of us that obey the highway code into lane 3 (as opposed to undertaking in lane 1)

mcfarfs said:

Scorpion is a light weight baby tank!

hornydragon said:
Unless like me you drive uphill on a dual crriage way then its even more FUN :thumbsdow
NO i follow them up and down hills on dual carrigeway the truck doing 56mph overtaking the one doing 55mph till we get to a hill when they are normally level and the truck that was doing 56mph is now doing 54mph and the swap back this can take 2-3 miles!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom