TPS meetup part-3

Im travelling up from London,upgrading but not 100% on size or model yet.

I'm looking forward to ZT v VT v F8500...!

I know it's not the done thing in any of the shootouts/meets but I would be interested to see a demo of all the sets behind some form of masking and let people decide which is the best without seeing a badge or being told which set is better and pointed out why

I know it's not the done thing in any of the shootouts/meets but I would be interested to see a demo of all the sets behind some form of masking and let people decide which is the best without seeing a badge or being told which set is better and pointed out why

Great idea Red :).

I'm looking forward to ZT v VT v F8500...!

If the difference between the vt and Zt is not massive can you see your self saving a few £ and going for the vt or even the f8500 ?

If the difference between the vt and Zt is not massive can you see your self saving a few £ and going for the vt or even the f8500 ?

Morning Den,

Possibly yeah :confused::confused:

Well going by the impressions posted about the Richer Sounds event yesterday it sounds like the VT shapes up pretty well against the ZT with most people saying there was basically little or no difference. I guess we'll see for ourselves on Saturday...

Morning Den,

Possibly yeah :confused::confused:

Its hard to know as everyone seems to be saying different things at the mo least u will see them altogether would the f8500 be a option ?

TBH I've got a ZT on preorder..!
The way I am I've got to have the best if I can, so if I went for anything else I'll end up regretting it.
Let's see what Saturday brings :thumbup:

Well going by the impressions posted about the Richer Sounds event yesterday it sounds like the VT shapes up pretty well against the ZT with most people saying there was basically little or no difference. I guess we'll see for ourselves on Saturday...

Or Sunday.:) whos going on Sunday by the way, hoping to see a few familiar faces or are most going on Saturday?

Can I request people who go Saturday don't post anything that may spoil the day for those going Sunday.:)

TBH I've got a ZT on preorder..!
The way I am I've got to have the best if I can, so if I went for anything else I'll end up regretting it.
Let's see what Saturday brings :thumbup:

I don't get that to be honest, its a very costly mindset you have there but I guess if you can afford it why not, myself I'd rather have 99% of the performance for 90% of the price but that's just me. Sounds like you've already decided the VT is inferior just cos it costs less, believe you me the VT is an absolutely stunning TV and if the differences between it and the ZT really are as minute as I think they'll be then I'd much rather have a 65" VT than an 60" ZT, an extra 5" has to be worth more than an extra .001 better black level thats imperceptible anyway. Anyway as I said all will be revealed on Saturday :)

Or Sunday.:) whos going on Sunday by the way, hoping to see a few familiar faces or are most going on Saturday?

Can I request people who go Saturday don't post anything that may spoil the day for those going Sunday.:)

Haha you can request it yes ;)

I don't get that to be honest, its a very costly mindset you have there but I guess if you can afford it why not, myself I'd rather have 99% of the performance for 90% of the price but that's just me. Sounds like you've already decided the VT is inferior just cos it costs less, believe you me the VT is an absolutely stunning TV and if the differences between it and the ZT really are as minute as I think they'll be then I'd much rather have a 65" VT than an 60" ZT, an extra 5" has to be worth more than an extra .001 better black level thats imperceptible anyway. Anyway as I said all will be revealed on Saturday :)

Lol Andy I never said the VT is inferior.
:p
It seems performance wise there isn't much difference, but I'll let my eyes decide on ZaTurday :D:D:D

I'll take that as a no then lol, you can mod this thread Saturday night then.;)

i will be reporting back in full on my observations on saturday. dont think i can hold back until sunday evening, unless i really have to! was going to post a few "as it happens" type posts..but your request will throw a spanner in the works on that one..why the wait until sunday, surely if your going on sunday just avoid this thread until you get back?

plus i couldnt keep insanity John in that type of suspense for two days, should my kidnapping plot go belly up.

Last edited:
Where can you read about the richer sounds test ?

Just sounds like a Pioneer love in to be honest. Haven't I already read the calibrated settings on the review here for the VT and they have better blacks than the Kuro now?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Just sounds like a Pioneer love in to be honest. Haven't I already read the calibrated settings on the review here for the VT and they have better blacks than the Kuro now?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Better blacks than the Piuoneer lx yes but not the KRP, and why would everyone lie?

I saw the new VT right next to the ZT playing The Dark Knight Rises yesterday. I've got to be honest in that they both looked stunning but at least to my eyes they looked exactly the same for image quality and black level. Now I'm not saying that the ZT won't produce better results when measured with equipment but to me with real world content there was nothing between them. They were both calibrated and looked great. If it was my money and could fit the screen size I'd go for the 65"VT60 for £500 less than the ZT. Just to think the 55"VT60 is £1600 less and there's not £1600's worth of difference in performance. Of course this is just my opinion and I'd never judge anyone for there choices. I understand wanting to go for the best that there is because I've done that myself in the past. Still looking forward to seeing the range in more depth at the TPS meet though.

Last edited:
Little disappointing reading the richer sounds test that the krp is still better in regards to black levels think more so as panasonic had to show case the Zt against the krp at ces etc. even the vt is pretty damn close to the Zt after reading the results.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom