Quantcast

TPS meetup part-3

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
looking forward to this, happy the ZT has arrived at TPS

Nevaborn

I want to see it already. Almost tempted at the idea of an 8 hour round trip up north to go look.

avfreader

Novice Member
Apart from the tvs...

if you're coming to Walsall and you like chips, make sure you try orange chips (sometimes called "battered chips").

Pisces on Wolverhampton Road does them (turn right out of The Village and it's on the opposite side of the dual carriageway barrier after a minute or so).

For the best ones, go to The Black Country Chippy in Great Bridge, which isn't far from Jct 9 of the M6.

Tv and chips: perfect.

vism

I think it's 10AM but that may change

Insanity202

Distinguished Member

Nevaborn

Im hoping Chris will have my Avatar waiting ^^ tho I do have my old badge still lol its a collectors item =)

Phil1975

Distinguished Member
Oh look who decided to join the forums...!
:thumbup:

Bumtious

Banned
I think it's 10AM but that may change
Here is a taste of what has always been planned for TPS's 3rd event. Same agenda for both days. Saturday is full and the are a few places left for Sunday if you still wish to register but there IS only a few places left. More detail will unravel this week.

http://avforums.tps.uk.com/2013registration.php

Introduction.
TPS and what they are trying to achieve.

My history, TV history, old reviews and why nothing has really changed over the years in the quest for the non existent perfect tv.

What to look for in a set, your requirements your eyes and manufacturers research and what it’s based on.

Calibration, forum perception myths, charts and what they really represent, THX vs ISF vs end results.
How a set should track and why that is the important thing.

Demo of the sets differences showing strengths and weaknesses of all sets.

Lunch (buffet provided)

Discussion about DFC, and the strengths and weaknesses of all the sets.

ABL, what it is, demo, and why the sets react like they do and how to set up your tv properly and what it looks like when you don't.

Filters, demo on what the differences are and how they react to light and what it means in your living room.

3D demo and launch of the new range of 3D3 eyewear.

16.00 to 17.00
Q&A

B:)

Last edited:

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
Shame I cant be there. Working both days. :(
Tried to wangle it with work but no joy :(

giogt600

Distinguished Member
Here is a taste of what has always been planned for TPS's 3rd event. Same agenda for both days. Saturday is full and the are a few places left for Sunday if you still wish to register but there IS only a few places left. More detail will unravel this week.

http://avforums.tps.uk.com/2013registration.php

Introduction.
TPS and what they are trying to achieve.

My history, TV history, old reviews and why nothing has really changed over the years in the quest for the non existent perfect tv.

What to look for in a set, your requirements your eyes and manufacturers research and what it’s based on.

Calibration, forum perception myths, charts and what they really represent, THX vs ISF vs end results.
How a set should track and why that is the important thing.

Demo of the sets differences showing strengths and weaknesses of all sets.

Lunch (buffet provided)

Discussion about DFC, and the strengths and weaknesses of all the sets.

ABL, what it is, demo, and why the sets react like they do and how to set up your tv properly and what it looks like when you don't.

Filters, demo on what the differences are and how they react to light and what it means in your living room.

3D demo and launch of the new range of 3D3 eyewear.

16.00 to 17.00
Q&A

B:)
That all sounds great. Looking forward to all that info. Can't wait. Gonna get there early so if any help is required I'm more than happy to help.
gio

Bumtious

Banned
That all sounds great. Looking forward to all that info. Can't wait. Gonna get there early so if any help is required I'm more than happy to help.
gio
Very kind of you, however all will be ready.

Room will not open until just before 10.

giogt600

Distinguished Member

aandpwoodley

It's going to be fun, must not upgrade, must not upgrade :)

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Sounds like a cracking day , can't wait :)

deon444

Distinguished Member
yep looking forward to seeing all sets in action,seems like its gonna be an excellent meet. hopefully i don't over sleep

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Where's everyone travelling from then?

giogt600

Distinguished Member

giogt600

Distinguished Member

Nevaborn

Looking forward to it guys.

@ Steve

Will the history lesson include improvements from last year to this years sets or will that be in the demo after ?

Thanks