Quantcast

TPS Meet up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
TPS meet up 2012

The date and time for this event is 07/07/12 between 9am and 5pm.

This will be held at

Vision Suite,
The Village Hotel,
Pamir Drive,
Ashton-Under-Lyne
OL7 0LY
Contact number 0844 980 0017
Map can be found here: Hotels in Ashton Under Lyne | VILLAGE Urban Resorts

TPS have kindly sorted refreshments and free use of the hotel's wet areas (pool, jacuzzi, sauna etc) but this must be requested in advance inc the details of partners and kids for health and safety reasons.
To join in the forum day you must register your interest by emailing
avforums @ tps.uk.com (without spaces) with the following information.
AVForums ID:
Name:
Address:
No of adults attending;
No of children attending:
Special Dietary Requirements:
ETA:
Use of hotel's wet areas required: YES/NO
Current TV:
Interests: eg 55VT50, Lumagen, Calibration
Content demonstration requests: eg The Dark Knight Blu-ray
Potentially looking to purchase: eg 50VT50, DMP-BDT320, Lumagen
Additional info or requests:

It will be great to meet you all for a nice drink and a chat. :thumbsup:
It will be nice to put names to faces and forum names :)

Some of you may have already seen my ugly mug from the AVF Movember appeal. With my poor attempt at growing a Mo in 30days I may consider trying to grow another for the event :laugh:

On the day TPS have kindly supplied some sets to demo from the Panasonic line up inc the 65VT50, 65ST50 and 50GT50. Also they will have on demo this years line up of bluray players and the Lumagen Raindance Mini 3D processor. They also arranged the venue.
They will also be connecting the Sky+ HD box, a Freesat box, Xbox 360 with kinect and a PS3.
Please feel free to bring along your own content to demo, but please note there may be minors present so make sure its appropriate.

TPS will be doing Special deals on the day! :thumbsup:

While in Manchester and want to do some shopping there is an IKEA store in Manchester about 1/4 mile away, and Manchester City Centre about 7 miles away.

But thats not all!
TPS have also sorted a PRIZE DRAW:
Everyone attending can purchase in advance a £20 Panasonic voucher to spend on any TV purchase for £10 (1 voucher per person per TV only).
Each £10 voucher purchased adds £10 to the prize fund.
A draw will be made to win the total of the prize fund to spend on Panasonic products. eg 200 attendees buy a £20 voucher at £10 each. £2000 is the prize fund.

Just want to offer my personal thanks to Craig at TPS for sorting this event, and to Stuart the founder of AVForums for allowing this to take place.

And not only all this we get to meet each other and have a laugh :clap:
Be nice to meet you guys as we all talk so much on here. :smashin:

Last edited:

logiciel

For new members, and for members like me who are relatively new to this area of AVF, are you Mark Hodgkinson, and what is "TPS"?

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
For new members, and for members like me who are relatively new to this area of AVF, are you Mark Hodgkinson, and what is "TPS"?
No Im not Mark..would be cool if I was, Mark is a reviewer her at AVForums.
My Im a member of AVF please call me John or Jonathan. Im not a member of staff of TPS. Infact I live about 100miles away from there, Im a baker I bake things :D
TPS is a Panasonic store based in Manchester. They are the ones who are funding this meetup and using there own stock for the event.

Curly99

Distinguished Member
Mark is the AVF reviewer and news content manager, TPS are an Assured Advertiser.

Curly

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Right folks who's going to this then? It's quite a long way for me but i'm hoping to make it and it would be nice to meet up with some fellow members :)

middleweight

No Im not Mark..would be cool if I was, Mark is a reviewer her at AVForums.
My Im a member of AVF please call me John or Jonathan. Im not a member of staff of TPS. Infact I live about 100miles away from there, Im a baker I bake things :D
TPS is a Panasonic store based in Manchester. They are the ones who are funding this meetup and using there own stock for the event.
john is the spokesman:smashin:

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
zAndy1 said:
Right folks who's going to this then? It's quite a long way for me but i'm hoping to make it and it would be nice to meet up with some fellow members :)
Im going :)
Be nice to finally meet you mate.
If a bunch of us are arriving by train at the same time we could all share a taxi and split the cost lol.
Not that im being tight lol.

The hotel is the same as the one i stayed at during my training as a baker. I have fond memories of there pub. :)

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
SHAGGER said:
Lol. I dont public speaking im a mute lol ;)

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
I will see you all there chaps and chap asses :laugh:

Barring any major injury or decapitation the day before :smashin:

aandpwoodley

If it was only closer, 3 hours from Oxford :mad:

Any discount rates available for staying over

Last edited:

Member 452016

If it was only closer, 3 hours from Oxford :mad:

Any discount rates available for staying over
There could be if we know numbers and reserve them early enough.

Ashton-under-Lyne Travelodge is 1.5 miles away with rooms from £29 or you could consider Manchester City Centre which is approximately 7 miles away.

Regards

TPS

GGTVBD

I'll have a ride over to the dark side of the Pennines for a change, might be able to do some business.

I'll email as requested.

Gareth.

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Johns a lot of things:devil: but yes he does speak a lot too... or should that be type a lot.:D

I'll be going, be great to meet members especially those I would like to count as friends. Be great to meet Steve(Mr B) had an interesting chat with him, a man of great knowledge.

So any of the AVForums stars attending?, Phil, Steve? Mark? the boss?:)

Big thanks to TPS for this and Stuart for his blessing and support to enable this to happen.

Just wish I had the money to bring home a little 50" something, maybe next time.:)

aandpwoodley

I'm going, it's a long drive but may just come back with a 65VT50

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
paul77 said:
Will there be any special deals on sets?
I think so. They did say special deals on the day. ;)

GGTVBD

I'll be coming over in my 'van' but can empty it and pick some of you up from the train station if times are agreeable. It's a Zafira, so 6 seats available!

Last edited:

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
GGTVBD said:
I'll be coming over in my 'van' but can empty it and pick some of you up from the train station is times are agreeable. It's a Zafira, so 6 seats available!
Very kind of you mate.
Will post my train time and station later when im home :)

Member 452016

Will there be any special deals on sets?
Yes :smashin:

We're asking that members register early and include potential purchases so that we can make sure we've got the right stock levels.

Look forward to meeting you.

Thank you to everyone that's registered so far, and a reminder to anyone that's coming who hasn't registered yet!

Regards

TPS

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
right ive sent my details off this morning (only just seen this)...i have added a mobile number as i noticed that John wasnt requesting this in the original post. might not be necessary, but might be useful, also maybe another phone number for those who want to contact tps for a chat about the day?

the only other thing i need to know, is the possibilty of lifts to and from the station? as i dont drive?

and how far is the hotel from tps?

anyway the phoenix will be there by hook or crook!:smashin:

also be worth reposting in the VT thread if its not already there! any of the avforums reviewers going like steve withers/phil hinton/stuart or mark H? im assuming this is a tps event separate from the forums but with there endorsement/blessing?

oh and lets get some football content shown and bitch about white stripes on the VT (not the group) as i dont think ive seen a single photo i can make them out on!

Last edited:

hybridtheory

Hi ********

R u now working for TPS?

Baz

hybridtheory

Hi

Ive just found this tread this afternoon. Im well gutted that I can't make it. Id booked tickets for me and the g/f to go see Rhod Gilbert in London on 07/07/2012. Hope u guys have a great time and hopefully there will be another meet up organised in the future, if so Id deffo be up for attending.

Just a note if a future meet up was to be organised, maybe Chris could send out a tweet as I follow TPS on Twitter.

Baz

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
I have no idea where Im going or I could give lifts from the station. Im more than willing to give lifts back though, hoping to bring the scooby so will be limited to two or the tyres rub.:facepalm:

Steve can we see all the issues discussed on here with these sets, go over possible work around etc.:) Maybe a crash course in basic calibration too?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.