TPM211EA_001.001.233.022 FW breaks Ambilight on OLED936

Hi Guys,
Glad to inform you that the new TPM211EA_R.001.002.092.000 has resolved the issue with Ambilight on 65" OLED936!

So, no more permanent (and annoying) white light in "Natural" setting!
How did you get this new f/w as the update check on my TV says .026 is still the latest ? (maybe its regional?)

How did you get this new f/w as the update check on my TV says .026 is still the latest ? (maybe its regional?)
I've got it here, on AVForums ))

As I have mentioned in the other thread, the new FW file was sent by Philips to one of the forum members and he kindly shared it (having had installed and checked it on his TV set). You can find it here.

I am not sure whether it is beta or an official release which is not yet deployed to the servers for download/installations, but it looks stable and I have not found any new bugs so far.

@AlexanderVS
in .012 there is a bug that causes a sound delay between the TV speakers and the optical out.
is there a way to test if in the new FW this issue is still present ?

@AlexanderVS
in .012 there is a bug that causes a sound delay between the TV speakers and the optical out.
is there a way to test if in the new FW this issue is still present ?
I can't check optical out because I am using HDMI2 solely to stream "multichannel bypass" via eARC to the AV-receiver (because HD sound can't be streamed via optical out).

Did you use v/a sync tests to estimate the delay? If yes - what is the delay?

Besides this, I noticed that there is general a/v sync issue - even when watching DVB-C TV, and thus it shall be taken into account / separated from sync issues when streaming audio to external device (which can add or subtract some delay).

From my side I am planning to do some tests / measurements to estimate the delay in various scenarios.

Did you use v/a sync tests to estimate the delay? If yes - what is the delay?

Besides this, I noticed that there is general a/v sync issue - even when watching DVB-C TV, and thus it shall be taken into account / separated from sync issues when streaming audio to external device (which can add or subtract some delay).

From my side I am planning to do some tests / measurements to estimate the delay in various scenarios.
The strange part is that the delay changes depending on the source :
  • using the TVs apps like spotify, you get a delay
  • using the TVs apps like youtube, you get another delay
even if you sync on spotify, you get youtube out of sync, and vice versa.

tried using firetv stick, you get a different delay than the apps on the TV itself.

the youtube app on the TV cannot be sync, no matter the value you try to use.

tried all combinations of multichannel, multichannel bypass and stereo, there just isn't one setting for all.

just to mention, I have the classic Logitech Z5500 connected to the TVs optical port and trying to use them combined with the B&W soundbar of the TV.

S
Ich habe es hier, auf AVForums ))

Wie ich in dem anderen Thread erwähnt habe, wurde die neue FW-Datei von Philips an eines der Forumsmitglieder gesendet und er hat sie freundlicherweise geteilt (nachdem er sie auf seinem Fernsehgerät installiert und überprüft hatte). Sie finden es hier .

Ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob es sich um eine Betaversion oder eine offizielle Version handelt, die noch nicht zum Download/zur Installation auf den Servern bereitgestellt wurde, aber sie sieht stabil aus und ich habe bisher keine neuen Fehler gefunden.
Ich habe die Firmenware ebenfalls auf meinen 77OLED806/12 erfolgreich installiert. Das Ambilight funktioniert wieder einwandfrei. Super! Vielen Dank für die Bereitstellung der Firmenware.

GOOGLE TRANSLATE

I also successfully installed the firmware on my 77OLED806/12. The Ambilight works perfectly again. Excellent! Thank you for providing the firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ich habe die Firmenware ebenfalls auf meinen 77OLED806/12 erfolgreich installiert. Das Ambilight funktioniert wieder einwandfrei. Super! Vielen Dank für die Bereitstellung der Firmenware.
Glad to hear that 001.002.092.000 fixed Ambilight on 77OLED806/12 )) But actually we have to thank ojee99 who have kindly shared this FW here on the AVForums, I only installed it on my TV and shared my experience ))

So we're back to the factory fit FW state on the 65OLED936/12 or the post update state from FW TPM191E_R.101.002.098.000 on the 65OLED935/12. Better, I guess, but still not great IMHO. The original behaviour on the 65OLED935/12 was ALL Ambilight Follow Video modes turned completely off when the panel was blank/black/dark, which gave you a great sense of immersion when watching content in the dark.

Surely the point of Ambilight Lounge Light mode is so you can have Ambilight ON ALL THE TIME if that is your preference...

Is anyone else interested in pursuing Philips to implement a menu option to have Ambilight ON persistently or OFF during blank/black/dark screen moments for Follow Video mode? I am.

Is anyone else interested in pursuing Philips to implement a menu option to have Ambilight ON persistently or OFF during blank/black/dark screen moments for Follow Video mode? I am.
(Just discovered that I had forgotten to respond in this thread, so decided to lift this topic up just in case Philips reads this and thus will be able to see one more topic regarding Ambilight problem).

Yes, I would support this from my side - as we've discussed in the other thread:

I would support that too, and alternatively I would propose to Philips just to add "custom mode" to the existing set of modes ("standard", "natural", "vivid", etc.) with the following settings:

• intensity of permanent white light (and ideally - possibility to select cool, neutral or warm);
  • intensity (brightness) of dynamic light;
  • color saturation of dynamic light;
  • quickness of Ambilight response.

And thanks a lot once again for having sent this suggestions to Philips. BTW, your request on Philips site is still not accessible (seems like they have not approved it).

I am also confused how much time it's taking Philips to reply something concrete on the case I've raised 2 weeks ago (and even more that it was put "on hold" for a while already):

Screenshot_001807.png

(Just discovered that I had forgotten to respond in this thread, so decided to lift this topic up just in case Philips reads this and thus will be able to see one more topic regarding Ambilight problem).

Yes, I would support this from my side - as we've discussed in the other thread:

I would support that too, and alternatively I would propose to Philips just to add "custom mode" to the existing set of modes ("standard", "natural", "vivid", etc.) with the following settings:

• intensity of permanent white light (and ideally - possibility to select cool, neutral or warm);
  • intensity (brightness) of dynamic light;
  • color saturation of dynamic light;
  • quickness of Ambilight response.

And thanks a lot once again for having sent this suggestions to Philips. BTW, your request on Philips site is still not accessible (seems like they have not approved it).

I am also confused how much time it's taking Philips to reply something concrete on the case I've raised 2 weeks ago (and even more that it was put "on hold" for a while already):

View attachment 1647275
Very good idea!

I've just reposted the question to the Philips forum and this time it seems to have appears immediately, here: https://tv-sound-monitors.philips.c...reen-moments-for-ambilight-follow-video-modes. Can you now see it and upvote it?

@Philips TV PQ have just responded with the following:

"I have checked with the development team. The Ambilight system not dimming sufficiently during black scenes is a recognised issue and we are planning to release a fix as part of a larger firmware update due in mid-Feb." Here: Promoted - Philips OLED+936 and OLED+986 – continuous improvements bring a new reference performance.

I hope they will be kind enough to consider the following customer requested improvement also: https://tv-sound-monitors.philips.c...reen-moments-for-ambilight-follow-video-modes

FYI - I finally had enough of TP Vision and TPV Technology (Philips TV) and replaced my 65OLED936/12 with an LG G2.

I would like to say a HUGE thank you to Richer Sounds (www.richersounds.com), who credited me my original purchase price for the 936, even though I had originally purchased the 65OLED935/12 from them in October 2020! (Philips replaced the 935 in November 2021 with the 936, but after yet more technical issues, and poor customer service from TP Vision, enough was enough.)

I cannot recommend Richer Sounds highly enough. Their customer service is second to none. They have high street stores with competent and friendly staff, competitive pricing and most of all, they value their customers, and honestly treat them as customers for life. I have found Richer Sounds to be a truly exceptional company, from Julian Richer and throughout the entire company. Well done sir, and well done everyone within the Richer Sounds family. Bravo.

Oh, did you know you could switch the ambilight off instead of buying a new TV? :-D
Yes.

The issue was not limited to Ambilight, but then why hold onto an Ambilight TV, if you are not going to use Ambilight? After 18 months of issues, I decided to cut my loses with TP Vision (Philips TV) and buy an LG, who BTW make substantially bigger screens than are available with the 936...

I have listed the major issues reported to TP Vision (Philips TV) here: Promoted - Philips OLED+936 and OLED+986 – continuous improvements bring a new reference performance.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom