1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TPM before Triolgy? Think about this...

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Popester, Jan 15, 2001.

1. Popester

Popester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's generally agreed that TPM was not quite of the same pedigree as the original Star Wars Triolgy. Some people liked it, some didn't but that is not what this is about.

So far Fox / Lucasfilm or whoever is in control has certainly not been shy in trying to make as much money out of the original trilogy as possible. Christ! How many times has it been 'remastered' and re-released on VHS???!!!!

I suggest (IMHO) that it makes sense for Fox to put TPM out first then many will buy it as it's the only one available. Put out Trilogy first and people may not bother with TPM.

All those who have had a DVD player since the beginning - I'm sure you have as many duff films as I do purely because there was little available to start with. The studios knoew this and so instead of putting out top titles (with some exceptions) they stuck out loads of **** back catalogue first knowing that someone would probably buy it through desperation.

Just a thought in my cynical little World.

2. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I too am a bit cynical (!) & will believe TPM is coming when I see it [​IMG]
    I went to see it at the cinema and thought it was vastly inferior to the first three BUT I would still buy the DVD because I can just imagine how good it would look and sound
    Lets hope the rumours are true and that Lucas gets the proverbial finger out in respect of the other SW & Indy stuff ...

------------------
    "Hi my names Paul and I'm a dvdaholic ..."

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you not smell the extensive "Epidode 2" footage that will be on the Phantom Menace DVD?

With a release date of mid-2002 against the Matrix Sequels, T3, True Lies 2, Spiderman, AI little George is gonna need as much help as possible. Personally it just stinks of waiting for the DVD Numbers in the US to be over the 30 Million Mark.

------------------
    Webmaster.
    http://www.bulletsnbabesdvds.com

4. Spookyville

Spookyville
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Actually AI is out this summer...not 2002 [​IMG]