TP Vision details Philips TV plans for 2016 - news discussion

Nothing of interest or quality wise from Philips,those TV offerings are not going to get the public pressing the paypal button that's for sure.

It is quite hard to get excited with Philips. Loads of promises that never come to pass.

The 9600 is increasingly looking like vapour-ware. The excuse for pulling it didn't really make much sense. They probably couldn't reach the new hdr certification and are just saying nothing.

The 9600 is increasingly looking like vapour-ware. The excuse for pulling it didn't really make much sense. They probably couldn't reach the new hdr certification and are just saying nothing.
At least Panasonic are knocking out a new updated screen.

I think I'm done waiting for Philips and their high-end set - unless they announce something real quick! :thumbsdow

Have a 7666 at the moment, was hoping to get a 7600, which never happened. However, don't mind waiting for the latest 7000 series, especially as it now has HDR.

If they don't wake up in Feb with the 9 series, it is game over for Phillips in the race...pana and hisense will be front runner. My comment concerns only the top of the range. Let's hope this is just a delay until Feb to get it right !!!

If they don't wake up in Feb with the 9 series, it is game over for Phillips in the race...pana and hisense will be front runner. My comment concerns only the top of the range. Let's hope this is just a delay until Feb to get it right !!!
But there has been no mention whatsoever of the 9600 so that's the worry

But there has been no mention whatsoever of the 9600 so that's the worry
I just hope taking as an example panasonic, that they are keeping their powder dry for Feb.pana for example will release a whole
New range of led tv and perhaps even the smaller Oled...we have good evidence from the former but for the latter, God knows. As for Phillips,why do all that for a top of the Rangeand then drop it ? Doesn't make sense.
If they do that, the new owner TP will have proven that only the name remain from the old Phillips I have known all my life. Game over

It's already been demoted on my wish list as the new Panasonic has over double the zones and is UHD certified. Ultimately, of course, it will all come down to price. But I can't see their being much between them in that area as they are both flagships so will probably track each others pricing.

It's already been demoted on my wish list as the new Panasonic has over double the zones and is UHD certified. Ultimately, of course, it will all come down to price. But I can't see their being much between them in that area as they are both flagships so will probably track each others pricing.

You are probably right. I am however suspecting Phillips going back to drawing board especially on number of zones and other stuff....I bet they got inside info in q4 that got them retract bach the 9 series and rework urgently.i will not be surprised that they benchmark against competition...will see...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom