TP-LINK TL-SG1008PE Gigabit Desktop Switch Review

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
Reviewed by Greg Hook, 9th September 2013. It's another TP-LINK product that does exactly what it says on the tin, at a great price and it's very easy to use.
Read the full review...

I don't agree with the reviewer that the price quoted is cheap. Especially for a budget brand. As far as 8 Ports POE, D-Link do a fanless one for half the price, granted only 4 of the 8 gigabit ports are POE, but most home users would not need 8 poe ports, as this review and website is clearly targeted towards the home user not business.

Last year I need a POE inverter to power a Wireless AP, but they are around £35-50 for a gigabit version, but for the price of the D-Link DGS-1008P "£68", I get 8 port Gigabit Ethernet switch with 4 ports providing POE so I could add devices later. It is also fanless and Heavy Metal Construction.

While reviews of network components are welcome, I do not find this review beneficial as would most home users, maybe a review of a Wireless AC Router such as the upcoming Linksys EA6900 would be more appealing or the latest Synology or Qnap NA

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom