• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TP LINK Archer C9 issue - All Router lights stay on

LKN

I bought this router from someone today, hoping someone can help me with my issue or has experience with routers in general!

I powered on the router and all I see if all of the lights on the router come on and stay on!

Ive tried reset, reboot, powering on off etc nothing. The wireless doesnt give any signal and tried connecting to my laptop via ethernet but cant access the router settings.

Not sure what to do, it doesnt do anything at all.

If anyone knows what this could be or what i can do to fix please let me know, otherwise the routers useless.

Thanks

snaithg

I bought this router from someone today hoping someone can help me with my issue or has experience with routers in general! .....

It bounced too many times when it fell off the back of the lorry did it ? ;)

Graham.

bubblegum57

Have you turned your pc wifi off?

It needs to be off, before you can try to connect it wired.

LKN

Have you turned your pc wifi off?

It needs to be off, before you can try to connect it wired.

Yes done that too still didnt connect! It appears the router stuck, tried ipconfig and the ip address is blank when connected to the laptop via ethernet

bubblegum57

Sounds like it's faulty.

Simon D

Have you tried a hard reset to factory settings, the last user may have not removed his/her login password lock details etc

I believe that you need press and button Reset/WPS for more 8 sec:

Pressing this button for less than 5 seconds enables the WPS function or

Pressing this button for more than 5 seconds enables the Reset function. With the router powered on, press and hold the Reset/WPS button for approximately 8 seconds. And then release the button and wait the router to reboot to its factory default settings.

All the factory defaults settings should be the back of the router

Last edited:

Simon D

Yeh tried that, held reset button on back for like a minute and router doesnt do anything!

Lights stay on!

Try again but only hold for 8 sec

Simon D

good luck

LKN

I have the same problem, did you have any luck solving the problem ?

Yeah i contacted them via live chat and provided them with the serial number etc. They gave me an RMA number and i sent it back to them and they sent me a replacement.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom