1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

toysrus preorder

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by pitchin4eva, Oct 13, 2005.

1. pitchin4eva

pitchin4eva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    They have just started taking preorders....only bundles though

here

2. danvitale

danvitale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    And my debit card expires this month :(

Just emailed them to ask if they can charge my card if I order it later on today...

3. llanellijack

llanellijack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Order placed :smashin:

4. gatty-jr-jr

gatty-jr-jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Dixons have the same full system package for £354, but you can use DISCOUNT25 voucher code to get £25 off.

Unless anyone knows a discount voucher code for toyrus?

5. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I have ordered one from them. As they have just started this afternoon I reckon I will have a much better chance of getting one on release day than with Amazon.

Also having worked for TRU for a number of years I know they have a healthy fear of the website, they got their fingers burned a few years back. Consequently they normally make sure they provide enough stock to satisfy orders. If they cant they stop taking them. With 65 stores in the UK and a big worldwide presence they always get a good stock split as well.

I still have a few friends there who are store managers closer to launch I`ll try and find out if they have enough to satisfy the website pre orders. If so I`m going to cancel my Amazon order I didnt pre order on the first day with Amazon so am pretty sure I was going to miss their first allocation (No 360 for Christmas = :( )

Extra controller and a game, so not a terrible price if it gets you one for launch.

6. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,369
    I'm just going to stick with my 1 Amazon order and if it looks like they won't ship for launch then i'll just get to a shop that's not taking pre-orders and get one from there. Stores like Tesco's, WHSmiths and Woolies are not offering pre-orders as far as I can see and they should all get some stock in. I would assume that if you go to a Tesco's at Midnight on 1st Dec then you will be able to just pick one up in store.

Amazon is the largest online retailler in the world (if you discount ebay which isn't a retailer) and will get a huge allocation. I would assume that as long as you ordered pretty early on you will stand a chance of getting one.

7. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I`ll keep the Amazon order open as well. If I do end up getting two (Which is extremely doubtful) my mate has said he will have it. He hasnt bothered pre ordering at all.

8. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Well the TRU Preorders for the Full system are full so does look like TRU know what they are doing and know exactly how many 360's they are getting.

9. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,369
    Yes, unless they just thought that they would allow so many and then stop (a guess if you like).

I bet 90% of those pre-orders are just people who read forums like this and have thought - "hmmm perhaps my 5 preorders isn't quite enough, i'll just do another to make sure". :rolleyes:

10. JamesOD

JamesOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    This is getting silly now I am getting mine a few days before launch but I am starting to feel sorry for all the folks who will miss out on day one because there seems to be a lot of panic orders where people are just pre-ordering as many as they can just in case ( or for ebay :mad: )

11. danvitale

danvitale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    I managed to pre-order my full system from Toys R Us, my only 360 preorder :)

Im happy :)

12. MyBoxLife

MyBoxLife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    I've only got the one at ASDA ordered, and that's probably not going to happen, ain't going to risk ending-up with more than one.

13. Moily

Moily

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Yeah, we'll have to see what Asda do. I would think they are waiting until their (non-declared) grace period to get our proof of vouchers into them has expired before cancelling the orders. I wonder how long they'll wait?

14. sunderland

sunderland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    well they have stopped taking orders for the full package just the standard one left

15. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.as...ruVideoGamesXbox360Consoles/815098?ref=Search

Yep its showing as full

TRU definately have a healthy fear of the website and the damage it can do to their brand. If they have stopped selling it means they sold what they have allocated to it.

If its gone over what they have allocated to it they will dip into the allocation for their stores in my experience. Still keeping my Amazon order open as my friend wants one anyway, it looks like the TRU one will show up for launch now though which is good news.

16. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,369
    Like all other retaillers TRU will not know the exact amount of consoles that they will be getting as yet. They will have taken the decision to offer a very limited amount of consoles for pre-order online so that their risk of having orders that they can't fill is reduced whilst at least they do have some sales in the bag.

I would say that 99% of the pre orders TRU have taken will be from multiple orderers from forums such as this. I can't see the average parent or casual gamer realising that the pre-orders were actually available before they became full. Infact they were fulfilled before many came home from work!

17. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I am sure I read somewhere that MS were telling UK retailers how many units they would be receiving before Christmas in the last week or so.

I`ll see if I can find the article again. Certainly the BIG US retail outlets were told some time ago how many they could be expecting.

Well I dont know if its that bad. I hope not anyway. I filled in their "register your interest form" a while back and found out about the preorders becomming available via the email they sent out yesterday.

Even though I use the forums reasonably regularly I had already preordered one using the link in their email before I saw this thread on the forums.

For people with email access at work (Which is alot of people these days) they would have had a chance to get one. But I must admit they way they have done it strongly favours those who keep their ear to the ground in forums like this. Anyway looks like good news for people who got their orders in with TRU in time.

18. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,369
    I guess they must have had some info as Game stopped guaranteeing a console on orders after 22nd August, Gamestation on 24th September and EB in the states have stopped taking pre-orders too. Amazon don't give a cut off date and just state that they will be in short supply. I must admit that the general lack of info is frustrating. Stores should have a pretty good idea of how many they will receive.

19. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    i think they do, they must be in contact with M$. its just the fact i dont think they are relaying the info to the customer. fella down the road from me is getting one from the states hopefully so at least i will get to play it before its uk release

20. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Its here in 6 weeks or so. They will definately have an idea of numbers by now, otherwise they wouldnt be able to sort the distribution, especially so for the likes of DSG with 600+ outlets in the UK alone.

21. tjradiohead

tjradiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    If they werent charging £25 for a wireless controller and £45 for PD, i might have gone for it.

I still dont trust ANY retailer to have my console on launch day. Cynical i know.

22. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Yes it is expensive when you look at it like that. However I actually think they might come up with the goods. That being the case its money well spent.

23. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,369
    Who wants PDZ though, by all accounts is sounds pretty poor. Shame they are only bundling PGR3 with the core version as that's definately a game worth owning!

24. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I`m not into car games at all really as good as that looks. I have to agree though Perfect Dark wouldnt have been my choice, got condemed and Gears of war on pre order though. Hopefully Asda will come up with the goods, with the voucher situatiuon though who knows and gears of war is looking doubtful for launch window. Can always trade in / sell PDZ if its completely rubbish.

25. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,080
    That's what I'm thinking too. I've got this pre-ordered along with PGR3 and Gears of War, but if any of them don't leave up to potential I'll just flog it on eBay for a (hopefully) small loss.

26. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,369
    Yeah I must say that Condemed is looking pretty tasty and original so I may well go for that one, especially if my PGR3 & COD2 pre-orders don't turn up in time!

27. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Got to say Perfect Dark is looking really really bad. I have already decided as soon as it arrives I am straight down to the loacal TRU for an exchange / credit note. I`m not even going to unwrap it. It looks bad. It sounds bad. The reviews are bad. Not good news.

Cant be having prize turds on such a fine piece of kit :rolleyes:

As it is with the reported huge stock shortages its looking I will get one pre christmas even with 2 pre orders :(

28. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,080
    As long as you ordered near the 17th August you should be fine, that's what I'm hoping...

29. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Amazon 18th of August. TRU within an hour or so of it going on their site. Should hopefully be OK.

30. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    I wonder if the etailers will look for double orders on their books and cancel one of them?
    For example of you ordered two at Amazon they only fulfill one?

That would be a good move I think.

Tone