toys R us

Where ?

coventry branch i will post product code if anyone wants to ring them as most the time they dont know what you are talking about.:rolleyes:

yeah code would be good mate :smashin: Went in Sheffield branch and the bint on customer service just didnt have a clue

product code DR 889970 hope it helps you get one, when you ring the stores option 3 and ask for mutimedia section. :thumbsup:

Just rang my local branch and reserved the last one! Thanks so much ninja!!!!

You just saved Christmas!

just called my local branch (oldbury) and the girl wouldnt take the product code from me, she just said that they arnt getting any in and maybe i should try comet! i give up!

I tried Cardiff, Gloucester and 2 branches in Bristol but again - no luck.
Out of all 4 - only one would actually check against the stock code number
I think they felt that their authority was being threatened and insisted they did not need it.

Typical phone call....

Me> "hello. I would like to know if you have the HD-DVD add on drive for the Xbox360 in stock. I have the stock code number here which might help" (or something similar - tried various approaches)
Retail Assistant>
"Its alright sir...I know the item that you mean. Just give me a moment to check."
... (me waits patiently. Already been on the phone for about 10 mins waiting for customer services to transfer me through to Multimedia)
Retail Numpty again>
"Right..here we are..xbox 360 HD VGA cable wasn't it Sir?"

Aaarghhh!!!!

I dont know if anyone out there gets any perverse sense of satisfaction from trying to track down one of these things but I certainly don't.
Think i'll try give up and wait till New Year

Half the problem is most of the staff don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Finding the drive is one thing but it's made further difficult depending on who you talk to and how switched on they are.

I tried Cardiff, Gloucester and 2 branches in Bristol but again - no luck.
Out of all 4 - only one would actually check against the stock code number
I think they felt that their authority was being threatened and insisted they did not need it.

Typical phone call....

Me> "hello. I would like to know if you have the HD-DVD add on drive for the Xbox360 in stock. I have the stock code number here which might help" (or something similar - tried various approaches)
Retail Assistant>
"Its alright sir...I know the item that you mean. Just give me a moment to check."
... (me waits patiently. Already been on the phone for about 10 mins waiting for customer services to transfer me through to Multimedia)
Retail Numpty again>
"Right..here we are..xbox 360 HD VGA cable wasn't it Sir?"

Aaarghhh!!!!

I dont know if anyone out there gets any perverse sense of satisfaction from trying to track down one of these things but I certainly don't.
Think i'll try give up and wait till New Year

Tried the same approach with Toys R Us Cardiff.

Also the following stores in Cardiff Area:

PC World
Currys
Comet

Guess what, pretty much the same idiotic shop staff reaction in all stores. Not angry just frustrated, you'd think after a week or two's queries shop staff would start to get clued up even just a little bit on this product, no still the idiotic reply's from all concerned, I give up, here's to the New Year!!

Nematon look's like if you live in South Wales it's just not worth the effort! :rolleyes:

Just tried Basingstoke, Southampton, Woking, Swindon & Milton Keynes with no luck :thumbsdow

Tried Leicester today and no luck either. Don't think I will get one of these now before Christmas :(

I know i went into hmv today and got vanhelsing after went into woolies,wh-smith they didnt have a clue what hd-dvd was:rolleyes: im sorry that some of you didnt get a drive but toys r us told me the stores had not long had a delivery of drives. So i was thinking if staff didnt have clue what they are might be telling people no we havent got any. when i rang the store i got mine from they said hold on ill check......10 mins later yes we have 9 instock :eek: yea right 9 HD 20gb :rotfl: .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom