1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toy Story / Toy Story 2 Set

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Norman, Feb 27, 2001.

1. Norman

Norman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +134
    Personally, I'm not too worried about extra's, I want the film to be as good as it can with DD & DTS sound, but I think having extras makes the differance between a good DVD and a great one.
    Many people enjoy paging through the extras to see how a film was made, listen to the directors commentry etc etc....
    I thought the Toy Story 3-Disc set was too expensive, so I brought the 2-Disc set for £17.99 and I'm very happy with it.
    I guess the extra cost for the three disc set was due to the amount of work put into making disc-3.
    The reason that Play247 charge more for the R2 version is because they pay more for it - the great British Rip Off.

2. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Would like some opinions on this - is it really worth having a seperate box for Toy Story 2, I've just purchased this 2 disc 1 box set from Play247 for £17.99 R1 and the other box set is £37.99 for 3 discs - obviously with more extras - but is it worth £20 more?, I reckon this is blatant rip off, although if the Studios keep this up we should get more 'old' versions at a cheaper price.

The R2 (2 discs set 1 box) version is of course alltogether a more shocking affair at £28.99 how can they justify a £11 mark up for R2 discs. My dig is at Play247 for selling the disc at the inflated price as well.

Discs Specs Below

Special Features
    TOY STORY
    THX Certified
    Includes THX Optimode
    1 Hour and 21 Minutes Approx.
    Academy Award - Winning Short : Tin Toy

TOY STORY 2
    THX Certified
    Includes THX Optimode
    1 Hour and 32 Minutes Approx
    Academy Award - Nominated Short: Luxo Jr.
    Outtakes
    Monsters, Inc. Sneak Peak
    French Language Track

3. morrisb

morrisb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm one of those freaky people that likes extras - I like to see how films are made etc!

I ended up replacing my DVD player just so that I could play the third Toy Story disc. And was it worth it? No. (Although I'm please to have a quality player now).

The third disc is EXTREMELY frustrating to play - it's menu mad! You get RSI from viewing 20 second introductions to sections which you then have to manually click through.

My advice is to go with the (considerably) cheaper 2 disc set - the extras on those discs are sufficient.

Shame on Disney!